Search

IB Baggage Allowance oneworld Sapphire

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
IB Baggage Allowance oneworld Sapphire

Hey guys,

What is IB's policy on baggage allowance for elite oneworld members? I hold BAEC Silver (oneworld Sapphire) and I understand that the baggage allowance for IB PEY is 2x23kgs. With my status, will I be entitled to one additional bag or additional weight?

I had a scenario last year where AA charged me USD100 for excess baggage despite my oneworld Sapphire status. I flew PEY and was told I was allowed 2x50lbs bags which is standard PEY allowance, I only checked in 1 bag weighing 60lbs.

I never ever had these problems with QF, QR, BA and CX. BA and CX seem to be the most generous because my extra baggage allowance was extended/ waived to my travelling partner who was oneworld Ruby at that point.

Thanks guys!
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:24 am

It has not changed since your previous thread. Thay you did not like the answer does not mean it has changed:

Iberia Ground Staff ORD, who was in the wrong?

You have to be either IB Ruby or BAEC Emerald to have the overweight fee waived.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by Yllanes
It has not changed since your previous thread. Thay you did not like the answer does not mean it has changed:

Iberia Ground Staff ORD, who was in the wrong?

You have to be either IB Ruby or BAEC Emerald to have the overweight fee waived.

Sorry, I forgot I even posted that months ago without realising. So essentially, IB does not plat by oneworld's additional baggage policy for elite members?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:15 pm

If you forgot your own thread, the link is right there so you can refresh your memory. This second question is also answered therein: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32231940-post5.html

It's one thing for someone to ask a question that has been answered on the forum (even if it was your own), but to keep asking after you have been linked to a short thread with the specific answers you want... This is a duplicate thread.

Last edited by Yllanes; Jul 19, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.