Avoid Iberia like the plague

Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPL
I was hung up 7 times. Literally. And they never ask for your number to call you back in case you get disconnected.

At least let me know AHEAD of time you will not providing any service, so I can bring my own food.

I have booked plenty of trips in AA to Europe for 55K miles, so I do not see your point.

Each person may fly business for a different reason. After a day rushing around and no time to stop for a bite, I was looking forward to relax on my seat, have a glass of wine, watch a movie and enjoy the food on the plane. I do not believe my expectations were unreasonable.
roberto99, Happy, VSLover and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 9, 2020 at 1:55 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Spainontheair
I was hung up 7 times. Literally. And they never ask for your number to call you back in case you get disconnected.

At least let me know AHEAD of time you will not providing any service, so I can bring my own food.

I have booked plenty of trips in AA to Europe for 55K miles, so I do not see your point.

Each person may fly business for a different reason. After a day rushing around and no time to stop for a bite, I was looking forward to relax on my seat, have a glass of wine, watch a movie and enjoy the food on the plane. I do not believe my expectations were unreasonable.
I completely agree. I am probably going to cancel my flights as the food and drinks are a big part of the experience. I wasn't looking forward to having to wear a mask for 8 hours, so if the food and drinks are terrible it just seems a waste of money.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB
I completely agree. I am probably going to cancel my flights as the food and drinks are a big part of the experience. I wasn't looking forward to having to wear a mask for 8 hours, so if the food and drinks are terrible it just seems a waste of money.
the food has never been good..lol
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:31 pm

I flew MAD-UIO in business on 20th and service was fine. No hot food - just a box of cold stuff, but drinks and snacks were available as requested.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by CaptainSteven
I flew MAD-UIO in business on 20th and service was fine. No hot food - just a box of cold stuff, but drinks and snacks were available as requested.
Please can you go into a bit more detail about what food was provided and what drinks were available? I can't find anyone anywhere who has explained exactly what the service is in long-haul business.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I flew AA TATL in J and they had their regular warm meals, everything was served at once and all plates covered, so it was not so hard to do.

I then flew IB J within Europe, it was ok, only a water bottle and an almond snack, which is on par with US domestic service right now. No lounges open at MAD though, as opposed to the US.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB
Please can you go into a bit more detail about what food was provided and what drinks were available? I can't find anyone anywhere who has explained exactly what the service is in long-haul business.
I don't remember exactly what the food was as I slept the majority of the flight. It wasn't luxury or anything but good enough for nourishment. Drinks was the usual; whatever you wanted of beer, wine, juice etc.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Before Covid era IB J was, in my opinion, a better and usually cheaper option than AA J... Indeed the worse hot meal I've ever had on J was in an AA DFW - MAD.

Last edited by Circusplaza; Jul 31, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Unhappy

Originally Posted by CaptainSteven
I don't remember exactly what the food was as I slept the majority of the flight. It wasn't luxury or anything but good enough for nourishment. Drinks was the usual; whatever you wanted of beer, wine, juice etc.
Were the business toilets open? Iím travelling with my 9-year-old daughter in J, from SCL - MAD - BCN - LHR and really donít fancy having to go to the back of the plane several times on a 12 hour flight!
Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by MfromL
I'm sorry to break this for you but.... Suspected case of bubonic plague in China's Inner Mongolia. I wonder if the asteroid will hit us in August or September.
The Asteroid is expected to hit (or not) November 2.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/us/as...a%20in%202018.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
chilglish : On my last trip, yes, they were open. Mind that this was a simple intraeuropean one. I'm not sure this applies for flights from Latin America.

just_jim : Damn, I was off by one month.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:45 am

Arrow

Originally Posted by MfromL
chilglish : On my last trip, yes, they were open. Mind that this was a simple intraeuropean one. I'm not sure this applies for flights from Latin America.
Thanks MfromL, good to know.

Wondering if CaptainSteven can shed any more light on his Transatlantic experience?

Last edited by chilglish; Aug 24, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: Alaska, Hilton, Chase Ultimate Rewards
There are several cases in my state every year, generally from handlling dead animals.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA

I'd agree. I've flown BA twice this month, to Berlin and Dalaman, both in Club Europe. To be fair, the alcohol was plentiful, if supplied with plastic cups - no real hardship. But the food - yuk! Nasty sandwiches, the last of which was a pesto sandwich, horrid with no flavour. I asked for a snack, and the crew produced a packet of crisps - nice - great. A snack. This will be yet another excuse for BA to ditch any pretence at decent Club Europe catering.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 4:09 pm

Thanks for the update PiedPiper! Not too fussed about the drinks since a I’m teetotal, but it’s good to know we won’t go thirsty.

Still curious about the toilets for business on long haul flights...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.