Avoid Iberia like the plague

Old Jul 9, 20, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPL
I was hung up 7 times. Literally. And they never ask for your number to call you back in case you get disconnected.

At least let me know AHEAD of time you will not providing any service, so I can bring my own food.

I have booked plenty of trips in AA to Europe for 55K miles, so I do not see your point.

Each person may fly business for a different reason. After a day rushing around and no time to stop for a bite, I was looking forward to relax on my seat, have a glass of wine, watch a movie and enjoy the food on the plane. I do not believe my expectations were unreasonable.
VSLover, MSPeconomist and Marcin83 like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 9, 20 at 1:55 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:28 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Spainontheair View Post
I was hung up 7 times. Literally. And they never ask for your number to call you back in case you get disconnected.

At least let me know AHEAD of time you will not providing any service, so I can bring my own food.

I have booked plenty of trips in AA to Europe for 55K miles, so I do not see your point.

Each person may fly business for a different reason. After a day rushing around and no time to stop for a bite, I was looking forward to relax on my seat, have a glass of wine, watch a movie and enjoy the food on the plane. I do not believe my expectations were unreasonable.
I completely agree. I am probably going to cancel my flights as the food and drinks are a big part of the experience. I wasn't looking forward to having to wear a mask for 8 hours, so if the food and drinks are terrible it just seems a waste of money.
Old Jul 13, 20, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB View Post
I completely agree. I am probably going to cancel my flights as the food and drinks are a big part of the experience. I wasn't looking forward to having to wear a mask for 8 hours, so if the food and drinks are terrible it just seems a waste of money.
the food has never been good..lol
Old Jul 26, 20, 6:31 pm

I flew MAD-UIO in business on 20th and service was fine. No hot food - just a box of cold stuff, but drinks and snacks were available as requested.
Old Jul 27, 20, 1:59 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by CaptainSteven View Post
I flew MAD-UIO in business on 20th and service was fine. No hot food - just a box of cold stuff, but drinks and snacks were available as requested.
Please can you go into a bit more detail about what food was provided and what drinks were available? I can't find anyone anywhere who has explained exactly what the service is in long-haul business.
Old Jul 27, 20, 11:23 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I flew AA TATL in J and they had their regular warm meals, everything was served at once and all plates covered, so it was not so hard to do.

I then flew IB J within Europe, it was ok, only a water bottle and an almond snack, which is on par with US domestic service right now. No lounges open at MAD though, as opposed to the US.
Old Jul 28, 20, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB View Post
Please can you go into a bit more detail about what food was provided and what drinks were available? I can't find anyone anywhere who has explained exactly what the service is in long-haul business.
I don't remember exactly what the food was as I slept the majority of the flight. It wasn't luxury or anything but good enough for nourishment. Drinks was the usual; whatever you wanted of beer, wine, juice etc.
Old Jul 31, 20, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Before Covid era IB J was, in my opinion, a better and usually cheaper option than AA J... Indeed the worse hot meal I've ever had on J was in an AA DFW - MAD.

Last edited by Circusplaza; Jul 31, 20 at 5:25 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: