Wiki Posts
Search

Change Avios Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Change Avios Booking

I am in shock as I completed an Avios redemption booking on Iberia.com using Chrome without a single IT glitch, even transferred Avios from BA and booked my seats. I'm wondering if I get a free T-Shirt and certificate as I believe this is the first time this has happened, definitely for me.

I can see the facility to change my flight dates in MMB and I just wondered if anyone knows if this works for a redemption booking?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No, you must call IB+.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have the same on my three bookings and it looks like it's giving me a choice of any date, whether or not there is award availability.

Craig, are you saying you've tried this and it didn't work? It seems like new functionality on the website, but might be new disfunctionality.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
I have the same on my three bookings and it looks like it's giving me a choice of any date, whether or not there is award availability.

Craig, are you saying you've tried this and it didn't work? It seems like new functionality on the website, but might be new disfunctionality.
No I haven't tried recently. I would be shocked if IB (after decades of rubbish IT) would suddenly be able to manage award date changes online with the IT department working from home. But maybe they've made all tickets fully flex in the background and you might even get rebooked into revenue buckets.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:57 am
Original Poster

The IT has definitely improved in the last couple of weeks, as I said at in the OP. I was surprised, it never worked before on Chrome.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I successfully changed my booking on line. All three award reservations have the option to change it to any date through 6/30/21, no availability restrictions it seemed. Definitely quite a new award booking engine .

ETA Did a second one successfully, changing from October MAD-LAX to June. No restrictions on award availability, keeping to low season, etc. Very nice indeed.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 11, 2020 at 1:22 pm
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I tried to change my ticket online and it came up with an error. I had two sectors, so I guess this might have been the problem. I did get straight through to Iberia and did a date change but they charged me the 25 Euro fee. To get straight through I selected the Spanish language option and then said Avios, then Cambiar Vuelo and then selected to speak to someone in English. Maybe I was just lucky. The guy said that if I cancelled it would take 5 weeks, if I was lucky, to get the Avios and refund back so I decided it was better just to date change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.