Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current European onboard service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Current European onboard service

I'm due to fly on an IB European flight in a few days in Y. I understand that in response to the Covid situation, there are no buy onboard food and drinks or service. Can I just check if the crew at least do a water service as most other airlines which have stopped service do (some even do tea and coffee and a snack too, including usually stingy BA!) or is it really nothing at all? Thanks!

(PS: I presume that there is no specified date for the reopening of at least some lounge service?)
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Unfortunately I don't have any of the answers, but I'd definitely be very grateful if you were able to feedback after your flights...

Based purely on what I'd expect from Iberia in Y, I'd guess a cup of water is likely to be the very maximum, but I'd happily be wrong about that.

My interpretation of their website wording (which is never exactly explicit) is that at the moment they're not offering anything food wise in any class on flights of less than 4 hours.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
LHR-MAD a few days ago, nothing at all.

On the outbound back in mid-April, there was a water round.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks. Moved to late July. Hopefully by then some airport shops will reopen (when I last travelled, even in medium/largeish airports absolutely everything was closed (super large like LHR had Boots and WHSmith open).

I must say that I like the BA early version of the covid European Y service (water, pack of crisps, tea or coffee on request with individual milk and sugar if needed) and hope IB ends up adding the water round you had at the beginning.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by BA6501
LHR-MAD a few days ago, nothing at all.

On the outbound back in mid-April, there was a water round.
In C or Y?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Y.

In C, from another flight today, looked like a water round was done.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by BA6501
Y.

In C, from another flight today, looked like a water round was done.
I wonder how much people are missing the two breadsticks and the slice of chorizo.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
In J from LHR to MAD on the A350 there was a drinks round from the trolley. I had red wine so not sure about spirits. This was served with some nuts. No other food, but top ups were available upon request and the FAs were up and down the aisles every few minutes. Not sure what the situation was in Y.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Their website now says that no food is served on flights of less than 4 hours (German version) or 4:30 hours (Spanish and English versions). It remains silent about drinks in all three versions. Based on the report by callum86 there are drinks served.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Seems patchy because there is another thread where someone in J long-haul only got a bottle of water and a sandwich.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald (BA)
ZRH to MAD in C, today. No alcohol. Coffee, tea, water and soft drinks. Paper / plastic cups only. No food.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elgataflyer
ZRH to MAD in C, today. No alcohol. Coffee, tea, water and soft drinks. Paper / plastic cups only. No food.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald (BA)
Observations from this week;

Domestic Canary Islands in C:

Iberia operated: No food. Coffee, tea and soft drinks in plastic/paper cups. No alcohol.

Iberia Express operated: as above plus wine and beer

Also, on a side note: one of the two airside MAD T4 transfer desks (near H22?) has finally reopened today.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
GVA - MAD

In C

last week: No food. Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, beer & wine, served in paper/plastic cups.

this week: No food. Coffee, tea, water & soft drinks, served in paper/plastic. No alcohol. Asked for wine and was told no longer allowed to serve any.

we’ll see what happens next week !!!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any update on this? I note the website no longer says that food service has been suspended... it now says simplified and with plastic cutlery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.