Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge status in Madrid?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
If IB operations are split between T4 and T4S, then IB is def no opening their lounges anytime soon.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tobsw
If IB operations are split between T4 and T4S, then IB is def no opening their lounges anytime soon.
Not sure I understand the logic behind that? Apologies! IB have always split their operations between T4 and T4S. Surely it's a good sign that both have reopened because there's enough demand?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
The thing is that in August the operations increase a lot, so I think there is a chance for reopening.

And if taking into account that the food options will be largely simplified (which makes sense) and they can close a half of each lounge, I´d think that reopening this week is possible.

If not, I´ll seriously consider refunding my flex business fare tickets for August. I will not pay much higher price for not getting anything I paid for.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
... in the meantime, btw, IB has changed their hand luggage policy.
Have they?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Have they?
I’m currently onboard IB3175 to MAD. No change in hand luggage as far as I can tell...
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by samfrost93
I’m currently onboard IB3175 to MAD. No change in hand luggage as far as I can tell...
After disembarking can you please check the Dali Lounge status? Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Their website indicates they've changed hand baggage weight to 10kg in economy, and 14kg in business. Before I believe it was 23kg. The dimensions have also changed slightly. Now it is 56 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm. Before it was 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm

Whether or not they plan to enforce this, is another matter.

If I'm being kind to Iberia, I imagine the weight limit is to ensure that passengers can lift bags into the overhead lockers without assistance because of the current situation.

I've never known Iberia to actually enforce hand baggage rules, so if they continue not to, it shouldn't really make any difference.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
After disembarking can you please check the Dali Lounge status? Thanks
Still closed I'm afraid, back at the airport tomorrow so will check again.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:17 am

Total disgrace that this is still closed frankly. It’s no longer about COVID imo. Madrid was packed this morning, busier than LHR when I was there on Tuesday.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by samfrost93

Total disgrace that this is still closed frankly. It’s no longer about COVID imo. Madrid was packed this morning, busier than LHR when I was there on Tuesday.
Did you ask when they would reopen? It´s really ridiculous...
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Valencia's lounge will reopen on the 1st August.

It's getting a bit ridiculous that I could catch that flight and get lounge access at VLC, but on the return I'd have no lounge access at Iberia's hub.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by jackr27
Valencia's lounge will reopen on the 1st August.

It's getting a bit ridiculous that I could catch that flight and get lounge access at VLC, but on the return I'd have no lounge access at Iberia's hub.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:54 pm

Dali lounge status?

Arriving MAD August 3 with 5 hour layover. Any chance lounge in T4 will be open?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:00 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
The IB lounges In MAD were still closed when I flew on 31 July.
The Plaza Mayor Lounge (AENA) was open but it required use of my DragonPass. It is not accessible by virtue of IB Business class or frequent flyer status.
It was excellent, with a range of tasty breakfast pastries, fruit salad, juices, cava and also pre-packed chilled sandwiches. One had to queue up and ask the serving staff to fetch what was required. A welcome surprise, as I was expecting no lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:14 am

T4 Sala Plaza Mayor

Iberia agent that met my flight from DFW with Iberia boarding pass for connecting flight said Dali was not open and was not optimistic for the future until flights and passenger loads increase.
Have Priority Pass so got into Sala VIP Plaza Mayor. No problem even though boarding pass shows my departing flight in 5 hours.
Lounge is about 50% full 10 am Monday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.