Wiki Posts
Search

Lost luggage @ LHR during coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2020, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Lost luggage @ LHR during coronavirus

Hi. On May 13th I flew HND - LHR on JAL (arrived at terminal 2) and then after a 4 hour connection I flew to MAD on Iberia. (T5)

My 3 pieces of luggage never made it to Madrid. It doesn’t surprise me as I was on Standby until last minute because the flight was heavily overbooked. I sent a complain to IB but they haven’t found my luggage.

Maybe this should be in the IB forum but I want to ask if there is some special situation going on at LHR where they won’t look for luggage due to coronavirus. I can’t believe that with this reduced number of flights they can’t find 3 pieces of luggage.

Thank you
Old May 17, 2020, 2:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Baggage services are working in LHR, so if the bag is there then it would eventually get to Spain, so long as your bags were properly labelled and ideally you had put some contact details visible. I would expect you to hear more fairly shortly, LHR is fully functional and so bags will be cleared through the system at least as well as in normal times. There simply aren't so many flights at the moment, so that may be a factor (particularly if the fault was at HND, which would normally be the case on late standbys). I would keep on top of Iberia but obviously you will want to start listing out the contents of the bags while your memory is fresh, just in case this turns into something more serious.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old May 17, 2020, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your claim is with IB as the final delivering carrier. You should have a tracking # from IB baggage services and can use that to check the bag's status in WorldTracer. It is the easiest way to stay on top of it. In fact, if you call IB, that is what they look at.

In the meantime, keep receipts for the necessities you purchase and submit those to IB (or your travel insurance) once your bags arrive.
Old May 19, 2020, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Fortunately they found it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.