2021 Schedule Question

Old May 16, 20, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

2021 Schedule Question

How far out does Iberia usually publish their flight schedules? Iím looking in April 2021 and see long-haul flights already loaded but short-haul (in my case, MAD-LIS) currently ends on March 27.

This doesnít seem to be a rolling issue (i.e. wait a day and March 28 is loaded, etc.). The short-haul end-of-schedule has stayed fixed for over a week of checking.

Iím thinking COVID may be getting in the way and am also wondering if theyíre trying to think through schedules on the short-haul side with the Air Europa integration?
Old May 16, 20, 8:41 pm

COVID may be part of it, but I think it's also come up in previous years that the last weekend in March is the main seasonal schedule change in Europe, going with the daylight saving time change, so they delay determining what the summer schedules will be.
Old May 17, 20, 1:09 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Perhaps more important: Easter 2021 is Sunday, April 4th, meaning the traditional holiday week is Saturday March 27th - through Sunday April 4th (in some parts of Spain, through Monday April 5th). I would expect that Iberia is waiting a bit to see how the COVID picture looks before putting tickets on sale for that period.
Old May 22, 20, 11:54 am
Original Poster

The short haul flights for April (and beyond?) were loaded yesterday, at least for the city pairs I was interested in MAD-LIS and MAD-OPO.

Chris
Solejet6 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: