Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Avios award EZE to BCN, Iberia won’t refund w/on$

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Booked a flight with Avios through Iberia on Level airlines from Buenos Aires to Barcelona in July. The Argentinian government has canceled all flights in and out of Argentina. According to the Iberia website there are no flights In July or August to or from Argentina. But when I try to get a refund I am told that the flight is still not officially canceled and the only way I can get a refund is to pay the penalty. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old May 11, 2020, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The Argentine government might change its mind - no flights in or out for several months is quite harsh. Therefore the airlines are only officially cancelling flights closer to the departure date.

But yes... it's basically a scam to hold on to your money awhile longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.