Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Has anybody experiences redeeming Iberia avios on Finnair flights?

Old May 3, 20, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)

Want to book CDG - HEL - SIN, TYO - HEL - CDG flights with Iberia, not sure anybody has ideas...

saw flights on AA app, but did not find anything on Iberia...
Old May 4, 20, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Explorer, AS, Hertz Cirque Presidentielle
Economy or business? How far in the future did you contemplate to travel?
Old May 4, 20, 2:36 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Want to book CDG - HEL - SIN, TYO - HEL - CDG flights with Iberia, not sure anybody has ideas...

saw flights on AA app, but did not find anything on Iberia...
This isn't bookable via Iberia.com, you will need to call in for it. The easiest way to check availability is through British Airways website, as AA has different routing rules than BA/IB. BA.com allows you to search as one ways and multi-city for award flights. Once you have the flights and days, just call Iberia.
Old May 4, 20, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Presumably you are aware that you award would be completely non-changeable / non-refundable.

Also be aware that Finnair sometimes has phantom award availability issues...
Old May 4, 20, 7:25 am

Programs: NWA, Delta, Continental
FYI every award seat I've ever seen on AA's website for a Finnair flight between the US and EU e.g. HEL-ORD or vice-versa) is a phantom. If you click on it and try to book you get a message that the seat is no longer available. This happened constantly for the summer of 2019 and this coming fall, pre-Covid.

We were able to book KEF-HEL-OSL on AA using AA miles for last summer.
Old May 4, 20, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Think of booking the outbound for 7/31, return for early Oct (Flexible). Saw availability on AA and BA, did not click all the way through though, but when I check on Iberia, no Finnair flights at all show up whatever dates I select (BTW, no Cathay flights show up either but Cathay also shows up in AA/BA).

Is it just an Iberia problem I guess?
Old May 4, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Explorer, AS, Hertz Cirque Presidentielle
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Think of booking the outbound for 7/31, return for early Oct (Flexible). Saw availability on AA and BA, did not click all the way through though, but when I check on Iberia, no Finnair flights at all show up whatever dates I select (BTW, no Cathay flights show up either but Cathay also shows up in AA/BA).

Is it just an Iberia problem I guess?
Yes, that's an Iberia Plus specific issue. However you didn't answer my question, but sure, economy class availability should be there in late July and bookable by phone, if you can find it as a BAEC redemption.
Old May 4, 20, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata View Post
Yes, that's an Iberia Plus specific issue. However you didn't answer my question, but sure, economy class availability should be there in late July and bookable by phone, if you can find it as a BAEC redemption.
Thanks! Thinking of flying economy I guess. On one side, biz class need triple the miles which I can not afford, and on the other side, biz class award is not available anyways...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: