Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Avios "Issuer Country" Credit Card Error

Old Apr 30, 20, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to redeem Avios, and after choosing my flights, entering passenger information, and finally getting to the payment screen to pay the taxes+fees via credit card, I can't select the issuing country of my credit card. I only see "Select an Option." There is no drop-down to choose a country.

Old Apr 30, 20, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It's most probably a problem with your browser. Try a different one...
Old Apr 30, 20, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
It's most probably a problem with your browser. Try a different one...
I've tried Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge with no luck.
Old Apr 30, 20, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Additionally, with some browsers (Google Chrome specifically) I get a "Please wait a moment" message after choosing my flights that never loads and I don't even make it to a point where I can enter passenger data or payment information.
Old Apr 30, 20, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Have you tried using the Spain version of the website? i.e. change your country settings from wherever you are to Spain.
Old Apr 30, 20, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Have you tried using the Spain version of the website? i.e. change your country settings from wherever you are to Spain.
Yes. I've been encountering 2 situations- if I try to access it via Chrome, or if I use another browser but set the location to Spain then it's almost like it gives me a newer looking layout and I get that "Please wait a moment" message after I select my flights. The other situation is if I use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and leave the location as the USA then I get an older looking layout, which gets me all the way to the payment page but I can't select the Issue Country for my credit card.
Old Apr 30, 20, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Update: it appears to already be fixed....lesson learned with Iberia, really buggy website so it's best to just wait it out.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: