Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Status issue - cutting it close, need some help.

Old Mar 10, 20, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF

Like others I have been unable to get through to Iberia CS to ask my questions or upgrade (if possible) and I"m hoping someone can help me out.
I have a flight JFK-MAD that leaves on 3/30 and returns 4/1. I am 270 elite points away from Gold - I am Plata now. My last flight was a few months ago and I can no longer see on Iberia's site how many Elite points I will accumulate on the way out - knowing that the segment on the way back will not qualify since it starts on 4/1.. I can't get through to ask or upgrade and haven't seen an option to upgrade - my segment to JFK - MAD is in S.

Also, I would try to make status beforehand on a domestic flight - not sure how to do that though. I have time and I'm based out of NYC/PHL area. I see OneWorld flights do accumulate Elite points - or so I think that is what I am reading on Iberia's sight. Status runs are new to me :/

Suggestions? And thanks in advance.
Old Mar 11, 20, 11:03 am

Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE, Alaska MVP Gold
This is maybe an unpopular comment here, but I really think this is not the time for frivolous trips. Travel if you must, otherwise please stay home.
redreeper likes this.
Old Mar 11, 20, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You will earn 175 Elite Points for your JFK*MAD segment.

You would need another 95 Elite Points. If you want to fly some USA domestic flights, you need to look at this table to figure how many Elite Points you will earn by flight distance/booking class --> See Avios Table https://www.iberia.com/us/iberiaplus...ican_airlines/ [even though it says Avios table, it also shows the Elite Points Table]

Anyway, don't make many plans... your flight might be cancelled regardless. Also, if you upgrade, you will only receive Avios and TP based on original booking class (this is not BA, where they honor Avios and TP based on the upgraded class).
redreeper likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1k, LA Platinum, IB Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm actually wondering if Iberia might give status away for clients that were cutting close with bookings that won't be flown. This is my case.
redreeper likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I found a r/t to MIA from PHL on AA in First for $400. Tomorrow.
Webflyer says distance is 1020 each way - so in First I should be earning 150 EQMs each way.
I called AA and made Iberia my earning airline for the flight.

Edited - the flight was done, now I wait and see if it worked. Hope it did.
It did work, and things were not nearly as bad then as they are today. Wishing everyone on FT a safe journey through the next couple of months.

Last edited by redreeper; Mar 16, 20 at 5:28 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: