Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB's Coronavirus Rebooking Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by zap98139
I just posted in another thread—I was able to get through right away by calling 1 800 772 4642, stating “Avios Booking” when prompted to say what I’m calling about, then enter in my Avios number when prompted, followed by my passport number when asked to enter ID information. Then say yes to confirm you want to talk to a representative. I was connected with an agent immediately, gave my last name and record locator, and cancelled on the spot. Refund should "process" in 72-hours, and Avios returned in 5 biz days.
That worked! Thanks!
Old May 15, 2020, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
After waiting a very long time for the voucher, IB just sent me the following email (as translated):

Dear Customer.

Thank you for contacting us, and first of all we apologize for the delay in the delivery of your vouchers.

Having verified that the automatic voucher request process has not worked correctly, we inform you that the vouchers corresponding to the XXXXXX reservation are being processed and you will receive them in your email as soon as possible. The total amount of each voucher includes an additional 10% on the value of the ticket, and you can use it in your next purchases on Iberia.com and the App.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

We hope to continue counting on your trust and we take this opportunity to send you our warmest regards,

Your Iberia Service Center.
Old May 20, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Called Iberia the 08/05
asked for a total reimbursement

got the credit back on my amex the 11/05 for a return flights to the US via AA.

Very surprised by iberia on this one.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Finally got the voucher today, 57 days after requesting it. Good for use until 12/31/21.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold; FB Gold; Hertz Gold
Has anyone had any success combining two vouchers, issued to the same email? When I attempt to do so, I receive the following error message:

--------

Sorry, the voucher combination was unsuccessful

Please check that the voucher codes and email are correct, belong to the same booking, have not expired, contain a balance, have not been previously combined and are not in a different currency.

------------
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of calling Iberia to rebook a long haul business class flight from a straight out-and-back (FCO-MAD-BOG) to an open jaw (for example, FCO-MAD-BOG/LIM-MAD-FCO) on different dates and without paying any change fee or fare difference? The original flights have been cancelled, and it was a very good value fare, so I'm not interested in a voucher.

Cheers!
raporot likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of calling Iberia to rebook a long haul business class flight from a straight out-and-back (FCO-MAD-BOG) to an open jaw (for example, FCO-MAD-BOG/LIM-MAD-FCO) on different dates and without paying any change fee or fare difference? The original flights have been cancelled, and it was a very good value fare, so I'm not interested in a voucher.

Cheers!
I am in the same boat, was it an error business fare by any chance from March? Things are so unpredictable at the moment, not sure rebooking is the best option, then again, it was like Ł440 so incredible value.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
hi all-

i have a great J fare booked BCN-LHR-LAX and back. while it is an IB ticket, the entire flight is operated by BA.

the LAX-LHR flight was cancelled. i know i have a right to cancel which is one option.

however, i am confused by the various covid policies. two questions:

if i want to move to any other dates, i am subject to applicable fare differences correct?

if i want to keep the dates as-is, then they are required to book me on the other operating BA flight that day in december yes--regardless of the current fare difference for the same dates?

thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
hi all-

i have a great J fare booked BCN-LHR-LAX and back. while it is an IB ticket, the entire flight is operated by BA.

the LAX-LHR flight was cancelled. i know i have a right to cancel which is one option.

however, i am confused by the various covid policies. two questions:

if i want to move to any other dates, i am subject to applicable fare differences correct?

if i want to keep the dates as-is, then they are required to book me on the other operating BA flight that day in december yes--regardless of the current fare difference for the same dates?

thanks!
Yes, IB are supposed to rebook you for the same day. If they really dislike the fare you booked, they might "be unable to find availability" and refund your money, although you could probably insist on the next available flight, even if a day or two later.

I think you missed the deadline for the "change to any date, except for some blackout dates", so you'd have to pay the fare difference for any date changes.
VSLover likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes, IB are supposed to rebook you for the same day. If they really dislike the fare you booked, they might "be unable to find availability" and refund your money, although you could probably insist on the next available flight, even if a day or two later.

I think you missed the deadline for the "change to any date, except for some blackout dates", so you'd have to pay the fare difference for any date changes.
super, thank you! i mean it is a 1400 return biz fare BCN-JFK-LAX that has become BCN-LHR-JFK-LAX which is fab for the extra tier points, but i suppose i'll just wait a bit to decide given my parents are not especially keen on my visiting anytime soon. so part of me does not want to let go of an excellent fare, but the other part of course has to contend with reality and keeping safe
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Does anyone know how many days/weeks in advance IB currently cancels flights? I got a MAD-SJU on Avios in November and think this will not happen but flights are still bookable.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 3:55 am

sadly i had to end up cancelling my bargain 1400 return J fare to the US. anyhow, it took IB 6 business days to refund which was a shock given our corporate travel agent quoted SIX MONTHS for the refund.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:00 pm

Hi,

I'd like to ask for your advice, as I'm really confused with Iberia's attitude. Here's my story:

I booked tickets to Colombia on the 6th of March for flights in early November. Today I checked out details of my booking on IB's website and found out that schedule of MAD-BOG and BOG-MAD fligths was considerably changed. Additionally, "Manage my booking" says that I'm allowed to change dates of my flights up to the 30th of June. It says also that in case of such change I will keep my class and fare. I can do such change on my own directly in "Manage my booking". There is calendar of dates up to the 30th of June 2021 in which I can choose whatever date I want, except some dates which are excluded. When I choose interesting dates (late March 2021), there's list of flights I can choose from and once I tick required ones, there's final step - I need to tick the T&C of Iberia and press "Confirm". I haven't done it yet, so I don't know what will be the next screen but I assume there'd be confirmation of changes.

Even though I could change my flight on my own (as described above), I called IB's call centre today because I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change BOG to MDE on the way from Europe to Colombia. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to ask this question because according to all three agents I spoke to, my flights may not be changed for date later than 5th of March due to the fact that my ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Yes, I found information about such validity of ticket (How long is a ticket valid for?) but I don't understand how is it possible that (as I suppose) it's possible for me to change the dates of my flights in "Manage my booking" even to dates which are much beyond the 5th of March 2021, while agents at IB's call centre can't do it. What's more frustrating, one of them advised that if I decide to make changes in "Manage my booking" and I choose the dates which are later than 5th of March and then I press "Confirm", I might have serious problems, because my ticket will not be valid any more at the date of start of my trip. It sounds ridiculous to me that changes applied directly on IB's website might cause such consequences, but who knows...

Could you please give me your advice, how should I act now? Does it make sense to keep on contacting IB's call centre in order to change the dates and BOG to MDE, or is it better to forget the change of airports and to switch the dates personally in "Manage my bookings"? In this second case, do you think it's really possible that such changes (assuming that they're confirmed once I press "Confirm") might not be honoured by Iberia in future?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Out of interest, have you been contacting the Iberia call centre in Spanish, or English? Both can be woeful, but the English one is all but useless in my experience and to be avoided if at all possible (it shouldn't be like that, but it appears to be).

It is often the case that one agent will say one thing, and another something else. The usual strategy I use now is to hang-up and then call back the next day if the first agent is being unhelpful, or appears unable to action anything.

Have you received any email from Iberia about the possibility of being able to change your booking? Up until I changed my bookings last month they had a clear notice in 'manage my booking' that changes could be made for rescheduling up until the 30th June (with some exceptions). They also sent an automated email with something similar.

I did successfully change my flights from BOG to GRU in May, which is obviously a much bigger change than from BOG to MDE. It did take 2 attempts though (during the first I was quoted in excess of €2,000 to make the change, and also told March was the deadline).

I wouldn't be worried about your rescheduling not being honoured if the system allows you to make the change online. You should then be sent a new e-ticket with your new flight details.
tropikey and jonr405 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:05 pm

Thanks for advice

Well, my Spanish is enough only for ordering something in restaurant but not for such complicated things
I called numbers of call centers in Spain, Italy and Germany and each time I chose contact with English speaking agent. I called also call center in UK. Every time the answer was the same.

Do I understand correctly that you bought your ticket also in March? In such case, you're one of many people I know, who were able to change the dates of travel to 2021. That's why I'm disappointed with my problems with getting anything from IB.

Congratulations for changing BOG to GRU. That's impressive achievement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.