Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB's Coronavirus Rebooking Policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Another data point:

I just called right now to the USA line (almost 2:55am EST), also got through quickly. I asked for an "agent" (NOT one of the 2 available options) and asked for a refund on my canceled flights for next week. Agent put me on hold for a couple seconds and told me that my refund request has been made and to expect a refund between 30-45 days.

Agent was unable to tell me my refund amount (I have already flown half the ticket). He says it is the same amount as if I had accepted a voucher (which I have no idea what it is).

DO NOT CLICK on the "request voucher now" button in your email and DO NOT choose the phone option for voucher. It seems like once you activate that option, you cannot get a refund.

Originally Posted by sunkentreasure
Called again this morning at 0900 GMT, got though almost immediately, and no quibbles from the agent on a refund. Said it would be 5 weeks. Phew!
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by lifeisart
He says it is the same amount as if I had accepted a voucher.
That appears incorrect, unless your refund includes +10%.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:38 am

Question Do I understand correctly?

Paid with CC for a domestic ticket back to MAD for a relative who planned to do the Camino de Santiago in May. Because of the caronavirus, he cancelled his TATL flights, etc. & will try to make the trip in 2021. I called the Iberia 800 number and was told there is no refund unless the flight is cancelled, but it's still showing as scheduled. She recommended the voucher, applying on-line.
With the voucher then one can apply to book flights for anyone before the end of 2020 for any trip in 2021?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
With the voucher then one can apply to book flights for anyone before the end of 2020 for any trip in 2021?
....any trip until June 30,2021 and the voucher/s include an additional 10%.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LukeO9
My voucher finally arrived in my email this morning. Originally requested on 3/11/2020. The included 10% extra
It says I can use it until 6/30/2021 and I can fly until 6/30/2021
I took that to mean both booking and travel using the voucher had to be completed by 6/30/2021
The terms have improved from when I originally requested the vouchers back in March, probably because no one had any sense then of the magnitude of this and also the right to request refunds instead of voucher
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, UA (no status, but lots of miles!)
I booked on IB but all flights operated by BA or AA. Booked via Expedia as this was the only place this fare was available. The AA flight canceled.

Expedia sent an email for a voucher, which I don’t want. Expedia IVR won’t let you speak to anyone unless traveling within 72 hours.

Called IB asking to take over the PNR and issue a refund (long shot) no go. Refused to pass me to a supervisor.

Called Chase and initiated a chargeback. I don’t have time to mess around and if my flights are canceled, I wanted my money back. Chase is issuing me a check. Beats waiting til August.

I am sad because these flights were so cheap, I’ll never get to take advantage. C’est la vie.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:17 pm

Who can request the voucher, the traveler or the one who made the purchase? (I, the purchaser, attempted to fill out the request but my phone number in the USA keeps showing up as in error when I try to proceed with the voucher request form.)
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:41 pm

How does the voucher work if I bought a business class flight to spain using points? Anyone done this? Will I be able to get any business class seat at any time until June 30 2021? If so, I may consider it.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:06 am

Has anybody been able to apply the voucher during the online booking process on iberia.com?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Donegal
Has anybody been able to apply the voucher during the online booking process on iberia.com?
Hello, Donegal -- That is my question above, at #73 . If anyone has actually been able to use the voucher could you please post results?
Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Hi all,

Posting first time here at IB, I have some questions on rebooking during these times.

I have a booking BLQ-BOG all on Iberia metal, flying next month (late May). Received an email today informing me the cancellation for both outbound and inbound BLQ-MAD.

What options do I have here? Change of origin without a fare difference would be the most ideal, but I want to know if there's any success stories here with this. Do understand refund and 10% extra for voucher are alternatives, but would much prefer a change in origin airport plus delay of trip.

Thank you and have a great day,
HMA
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: IB Platino/OWE, LX SEN/*G, TP Gold/*G, ALL Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Hi all,

Posting first time here at IB, I have some questions on rebooking during these times.

I have a booking BLQ-BOG all on Iberia metal, flying next month (late May). Received an email today informing me the cancellation for both outbound and inbound BLQ-MAD.

What options do I have here? Change of origin without a fare difference would be the most ideal, but I want to know if there's any success stories here with this. Do understand refund and 10% extra for voucher are alternatives, but would much prefer a change in origin airport plus delay of trip.

Thank you and have a great day,
HMA
Here's the current rebooking policy:

Iberia customers whose flight has been cancelled will have the following alternatives:

a. Changes without penalty or fare difference from 06/03/2020 to 31/03/2021 (please see footnote below):

i. Blackout dates:

 09/10/2020 to 12/10/2020

 04/12/2020 to 09/12/2020

 19/12/2020 to 10/01/2021

 24/03/2021 to 31/03/2021

ii. Route changes: not permitted

iii. Name changes: not permitted

iv. Only one change per passenger

Note: mentioned date changes must be completed within 12 months after the original ticket issue date (ticket validity).
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by matmas
H
ii. Route changes: not permitted
Thank you, much appreciated. matmas
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Donegal
"The voucher code need to be entered in payment section. In the top of this section there is a blank space asking for a discount code."
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
"The voucher code need to be entered in payment section. In the top of this section there is a blank space asking for a discount code."
Luke, have you actually tried that? I entered my voucher number (first the confirmation number and then the longer, voucher number) and neither worked. The voucher is not a discount.
So, again, has anyone actually used a voucher to pay for a ticket, or just looked at the website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.