The end of puente aéreo

Old Jan 15, 20, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold · A3 Gold · IB Plata
The end of puente aéreo

Our illustrious mayor has decided that what we really need is to ban all flights between Barcelona and Madrid. According to her minister of climate emergency, there is train service available with no emissions, so no need for flights. Besides the trains go right from city center to city center, which is of course more convenient for everyone. I mean, who needs to travel to an ugly suburb or industrial park out by the airport when you've got a city center full of tourist attractions?

Since the high-speed rail began between the two cities, air traffic has dropped significantly, as you would expect, but the need for air travel is still a thing judging by the way the remaining flights are still packed full every day. I take the train when it suits me, and fly when it suits me. A great deal of business happens in those ugly suburbs and industrial parks.

Here's hoping AENA, the Generalitat and the state all tell them to pound sand.

More details in Spanish here: https://elpais.com/ccaa/2020/01/08/c...86_179215.html
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
They can't put a ban (officially) on short-haul (or whatever). They may start a what's moral, ethical, trend like in Sweden.

Within the Ajuntament de Barcelona, they can choose how their regidors travel, as long as it doesn't affect common citizens.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The thread title is completely misleading. It should read something like "Barcelona city council demonstrate their incompetence yet again".

The Puente Aereo isn't going anyhere unless and until Iberia decides that it doesn't want connecting traffic to/from BCN. Ha!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: