APIS not sticking

Old Jan 12, 20, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire
APIS not sticking

I'm doing my first trip on Iberia later this year flying TXL-MAD-JFK. The booking was made through the work travel portal, all segments are on IB codes though the return leg flights are BA operated. I'm used to having to go in to the BA or AA MMB sites after a booking gets created to fill in the various mandatory bits of info along with the things that I know don't work well between the agency portal and the airline's systems. When filling in all of the information that didn't make it from the portal to Iberia's systems though I've noticed that some information seems to get dropped and every time I view the Manage My Booking screen it tells me that there's missing data. It seems like it's not correctly saving my country of residence nor my US known traveller ID. Is this normal for iberia.com? Should I call someone or just sort it at check-in?
Old Jan 13, 20, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Looks like this is linked to the "weird problem with online checkin" thread, I've made a mental note of the workaround and I'll give that a try when I'm close to departure and/or tell the check-in agent what might've happened
Old Jan 15, 20, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold ∑ A3 Gold ∑ IB Plata
There are myriad and varied problems with the manage my booking section of the IB website. The best luck I have had was using a different carrier's site to put the info in, and then never, ever touch the reservation from the IB site. I think the QR site was best, but I also think I've only used it when I had a QR segment. It's worth trying anyway, all of the OW carriers sites in principal will pull up any OW reservation.
Joeykins likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:18 pm

Wish I had read the above advice earlier....
I booked award space on Iberia, connecting to Air Nostrum thru BA.
Went to Iberia site to enter API, which I thought I finally had entered correctly.
Went back today to change seat assignments, saw "More Info Needed" notations. Tried to enter more API info, no luck.
And now no seat assignments are showing??? Ugh!
Suggestions at this point??
Thanks!!
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tnt10 View Post
Wish I had read the above advice earlier....
I booked award space on Iberia, connecting to Air Nostrum thru BA.
Went to Iberia site to enter API, which I thought I finally had entered correctly.
Went back today to change seat assignments, saw "More Info Needed" notations. Tried to enter more API info, no luck.
And now no seat assignments are showing??? Ugh!
Suggestions at this point??
Thanks!!
Have you tried to call up the airline operating your ticketís first flight and ask them to enter in your info into the various fields? Sometimes once the operating carrier touches the ticketed reservation things seem to work better.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Have you tried to call up the airline operating your ticketís first flight and ask them to enter in your info into the various fields? Sometimes once the operating carrier touches the ticketed reservation things seem to work better.
Will try that, thanks. Was able to just now reserve the seats thru BA website. That option is a recent new option.
Will call Iberia tomorrow.....just didn't want to wait on hold any longer that the 1/2 hour I did tonight.
Just a quick question: Will BA transmit the API to Iberia\/Nostrum? The BA agent told me they would, not sure if I trust him though...
Thanks again!
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tnt10 View Post
Will try that, thanks. Was able to just now reserve the seats thru BA website. That option is a recent new option.
Will call Iberia tomorrow.....just didn't want to wait on hold any longer that the 1/2 hour I did tonight.
Just a quick question: Will BA transmit the API to Iberia\/Nostrum? The BA agent told me they would, not sure if I trust him though...
Thanks again!
If your ticket number for all the flights is a BA ticket number, then BA should be able to do so. Does your ticket start with 125? If so, then that’s a BA ticket number and BA would be able to do so.
Old Yesterday, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanw View Post
There are myriad and varied problems with the manage my booking section of the IB website. The best luck I have had was using a different carrier's site to put the info in, and then never, ever touch the reservation from the IB site. I think the QR site was best, but I also think I've only used it when I had a QR segment. It's worth trying anyway, all of the OW carriers sites in principal will pull up any OW reservation.
I gave this a go but QR wouldn't let me past the "provide your contact info" intercept page (though this was on mobile). I stuck the PNR in to FinnAir's site and did the majority of data corrections in there, then once the dust had settled went back to QR which let me in so that I could add in my US known traveller number. All seems to be looking healthy now. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold ∑ A3 Gold ∑ IB Plata
Originally Posted by Joeykins View Post
I gave this a go but QR wouldn't let me past the "provide your contact info" intercept page (though this was on mobile). I stuck the PNR in to FinnAir's site and did the majority of data corrections in there, then once the dust had settled went back to QR which let me in so that I could add in my US known traveller number. All seems to be looking healthy now. Thanks!
Glad to hear it! That QR site was a godsend getting ready for a RTW last year. It's faster and works much better than any of the others.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
If your ticket number for all the flights is a BA ticket number, then BA should be able to do so. Does your ticket start with 125? If so, then thatís a BA ticket number and BA would be able to do so.
Thanks for the info. Ticket numbers do begin with 125, so then BA should transmit the info over right?
When I look at the Iberia site, the info is there, but it still says info is missing... I'm not really able to add anything else...
Should I just ignore it then, and trust BA to transfer the info, or do I contact BA and ask them if everything is in order?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: