Determine required Avios

Old Jan 11, 20, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Determine required Avios

How can I determine the number of Avios required for a given itinerary?

My newly created Iberia account has zero miles. My plan is to shift BA Avios into the Iberia account and purchase a Premium Economy ticket with miles. I was able to find a flight with availability, but when I "view" the number of miles required, I get a popup that says "You don't have enough miles" and gives me the offer to purchase the flight with $.
Old Jan 11, 20, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You can shift miles between BA and IB+ for free (assuming your IB+ account is activated and is 90+ days old)

So try it out for yourself, since you don't seem to want to tell us your route...
Old Jan 11, 20, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
You can shift miles between BA and IB+ for free (assuming your IB+ account is activated and is 90+ days old)

So try it out for yourself, since you don't seem to want to tell us your route...
Sorry about that! And thanks for your reply. The route is SFO-BCN (non-stop) in Premium Economy. I could shift 1000 BA Avois over, but I'd still get the same error until I hit the correct number of miles, right? My (incorrect) assumption was that the number of Avois would vary based on date/demand.
Old Jan 11, 20, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Should be 31750 Avios each way on off-peak dates and 43750 on peak dates.
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Should be 31750 Avios each way on off-peak dates and 43750 on peak dates.
Cool! And this helpful calendar shows the peak days in red. So now I know exactly how many Avios to transfer (32k). Thanks!

Oops, moved the extra 2k miles I needed into BA, but it turns out my Iberia account has to be 3 months old to combine Avios. So that was a bust.

Last edited by boberonicus; Jan 11, 20 at 11:49 am
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You can also book LEVEL flights on Avios.com. If you create an Aer Lingus or Vueling Club, youŽll automatically get an Avios.com account. You will be able to Combine my Avios to your Avios.com account (without a time restriction) where you can book you LEVEL flight SFO-BCN (without carrier imposed surcharges, unlike when booked via IBP)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: