Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Connection time from terminal 4 to 4s 1 hour?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

flying BCN-Bos on same ticket on J booked with Avios.(US passport). Connection time in Mad is just 1 hour. I originally had 1 1/2 hour connection time but I did a date change on the ticket and they moved the BCN-MAD up from 9:30 to 10:00 landing in Mad at 11:25 with MAD-Bos departing at 12:25.
I'm afraid 1 hour is too short if first flight is delayed(or even not), but when I called in, IB stated it is fine. I ask to have it changed back and got call back in 72 hours(not sure what that was all about).
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IME, if the BCN-MAD is delayed, IB will take the decision to park the plane directly at T4S to facilitate transfers.

FWIW the BCN-MAD times are heavily padded so as to trumpet a high on-time %.

Yes you will need to move quickly and cross your fingers that passport control won't be long for non-Europeans. But there's no reason why an able-bodied person won't make it.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

was able to change bcn-mad to 9:00 , now a 2 hour connection. Couldn't risk it.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
IB check-in staff at BCN are happy to move you to an earlier flight to MAD if you arrive with enough time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.