Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Avios availability MAD connection flights to Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I have booked Avios C award flights with Iberia South America-MAD-Germany(or Switzerland) more frequently in the past (eg EZE-MAD-FRA). This was always easy and bookable up to 361 days in advance. Since I need such a flight again for December 2020, I have already taken a look and experienced a surprise. The flights South America-MAD are bookable without problems, but the connecting flights MAD-Germany (or Switzerland) are bookable only 320 days in advance. But a connecting flight to CDG or SXB is also bookable 361 days in advance.

Is this a glitch ?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The only thing that makes sense about approx. 320 days is that the summer schedule will end in late October 2020 as usual, and IB may not have loaded the winter 2020/21 schedule for short-haul...
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:49 am

Or Iberia Express are loaded on a different schedule?
craigthemif likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The only thing that makes sense about approx. 320 days is that the summer schedule will end in late October 2020 as usual, and IB may not have loaded the winter 2020/21 schedule for short-haul...
Short-haul longer in advance than 320 days is possible to France but not to Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rove312
Or Iberia Express are loaded on a different schedule?
To Switzerland it is not Iberia Express but Iberia....
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You are right ! Last flight bookable to Germany is October 24th..and Switzerland is now available....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.