Search

Redeeming Avios for past Level flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Question Redeeming Avios for past Level flights

Hello,

I had a BCN-SCL-BCN flight with Level last month and I cannot seem to be able to redeem Avios... I've tried on my BA, IB and VY accounts and I got rejected or cannot complete the form.

The ticket was bought from Level's website but the flights were sold as VY and operated by IB. The ETKT starts with 030...

https://www.iberiaplusmagazine.iberi...em-avios-star/

Any idea on how to best proceed?

Thanks!

Laik
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You only get Avios on LEVEL flights sold by Iberia. This was not the case before, but it has been like this for almost a year now.

REMARKS ABOUT AVIOS AND ELITE POINTS:
  • Iberia reserves the right to modify these tables.
  • Iberia reserves the right to exclude tariffs from the receipt of Elite Points and Avios.Check the general programme conditions
  • Codeshare flights booked with the code of a carrier associated to Iberia but operated by a company not associated to Iberia do not meet the requirements for the award of Avios and Elite Points.
  • Only IB26XX from/to Barcelona sold by Iberia are eligible.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
You only get Avios on LEVEL flights sold by Iberia. This was not the case before, but it has been like this for almost a year now.

REMARKS ABOUT AVIOS AND ELITE POINTS:
  • Iberia reserves the right to modify these tables.
  • Iberia reserves the right to exclude tariffs from the receipt of Elite Points and Avios.Check the general programme conditions
  • Codeshare flights booked with the code of a carrier associated to Iberia but operated by a company not associated to Iberia do not meet the requirements for the award of Avios and Elite Points.
  • Only IB26XX from/to Barcelona sold by Iberia are eligible.
Thanks tobsw! Thus, no Avios for me... Any idea why the flight appeared to be sold by Vueling even if I booked on flylevel.com directly?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Today, LEVEL is just a brand. It's not an airline (they don't have an air operator certificate). So they sell tickets via IB, Vueling (when buying on the LEVEL.com website), except LEVEL france flights which are Open Skies e-ticket.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
Today, LEVEL is just a brand. It's not an airline (they don't have an air operator certificate). So they sell tickets via IB, Vueling (when buying on the LEVEL.com website), except LEVEL france flights which are Open Skies e-ticket.
Well that's great... Thus if I was buying the same flight from Iberia (since I had IB2605 and IB2606) I would get miles. Love how they overcomplicate things
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Iberia
I went through the same thing recently and the Iberia customer service responded that the ticket has to start with 075 for Avios to be accrued.
Level is a weird airline, their website is quirky to say the least. For example, when I buy the ticket from Level it always says that I don't have the meal and checked bag included, but when I print the boarding pass it says that a checked bag is included. This always confuses the check-in agent, because the system asks for payment if I check the bag and they need to do a manual override to respect what the boarding pass says. Also, I was surprised to be served a meal, pretty much all the times I took the flight, even though I didn't pay for it.
The same flight on Iberia website is usually significantly more expensive, sometimes 2-3X than from the Level website. I found that buying the flight from Vayama gives usually a price comparable to the Level website and a 075... ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.