Relationship between Iberia and Air Nostrum

Old Dec 1, 19, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Relationship between Iberia and Air Nostrum

I'm booked from SXB to MAD and then onto MEX...on separate booking codes.

SXB to MAD is on Air Nostrum...what happens if this flight is delayed or cancelled...??

Will Iberia rebook me on the next days MAD to MEX...or simply shrug their shoulders and say that I'm simply a "no show" from their perspective...??

Chris
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure the exact technical term, but Air Nostrum is an affiliate of IB, in the same way that you might see a Delta Connection or a United Express operate regional flights in the US. So Air Nostrum = Iberia. (it's mostly about keeping employees off the mainline payroll / union)

If both flights are on the same ticket, you are protected. If not, then you will be at the mercy of IB.
Old Dec 9, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
From a passenger perspective, it's treated as a single operation.

But it's actually not an affiliate like is normal, it's a franchise and totally independently owned.
Old Dec 9, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
If the tickets are under same booking reference you won't have problems, regardless the carriers you fly.
If booking reference is different, no matter the same or different airlines, you won't get the delay re-booking from the airline side.
nancypants likes this.
Old Yesterday, 3:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Although I have noticed, somewhere while researching flight itineraries, a number of Lufthansa flights operated by Air Nostrum. Can't remember which ones, but it seemed odd. They are presmably wetlease operations.

Search this Thread