Search

book S7 with Iberia Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Delta, FWC
book S7 with Iberia Avios

Hi all

This may be a dumb question: I am looking to book S7 flights ICN-VVO round trip (12/25 S7 6272; 12/30 S7 6271) with Avios. However when I tried to type (VVO) at Iberia's website it was not recognized, presumably because there's no code-share route for Iberia to VVO. Does it mean that I need to call them to book? (and if so what's the number? I found it confusing on there website. Should I just call their US sales line 800-772-4642?)

Thank you very much!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Have you found award space on ba.com or elsewhere? Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Assuming you are sure the award space is there, you call IB+. You will probably be told by several agents - after hanging up and trying again repeatedly - that they can't book S7 or can't find the award space or whatever. Then you might get lucky and find an agent willing and able to do their job, or you will give up and book via BA...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately BA.com doesn't recognize VVO as well (they only recognize a number of Russian airports, mostly those on the European side). So I have no idea whether an award space is available. Should I just call IB+ to try?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shaymin84
Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately BA.com doesn't recognize VVO as well (they only recognize a number of Russian airports, mostly those on the European side). So I have no idea whether an award space is available. Should I just call IB+ to try?
On the BA system, you don't need the drop down to recognise the location. Just enter in VVO and continue the process. If you get stuck, put in DME (or anywhere really) and then edit it in Change.

I have just tried it for 11 December and there are 9 Avios redemptions available in Economy, for a bargain 6K Avios and £43; or 2 business class seats going for 12,500 Avios and £43.
Yllanes and shaymin84 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I was able to see award space on BA's website. Unfortunately they don't have any for this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.