Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pets on Iberia Long Haul.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Pets on Iberia Long Haul.

I am thinking of coming over to the Dark Side! I want to fly to the USA with my husband. my Bestie and his husband and their 3.8 kilo bundle of fluff in dog shape. What I want to know is this. I understand that Iberia will let a small dog and its container travel in the cabin on Short Haul and I gather that they do the same for Long Haul. There is no problem as far as size and weight is contained. Do they allow you to take them into Business Class? I gather that Air France do not, so I wondered about Iberia. I have read quite kind things about their J class and flying direct from MAD makes so much sense, apart from the face that BA will not allow this (I have no idea why),.

Can anyone tell me what the rules are please? I have read the Iberia website but it is not clear about the cabins.

Many Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Maximum weight 8kg including the carrier, J cabin is fine.

It can be expensive, they charge 50€ for the LHR-MAD and 150€ for the MAD-USA, each way.

Several breeds are not allowed (seems to be a health issue for the animal; I think they are all dogs that have been bred to have a short snout): Affenpinscher, Boston Terrier, Bóxer (todas las razas), BrusselsGriffon, Bull Mastiff, Bulldog (todas las razas), Cane corso, Carlino(todas las razas), Cavalier Spaniel, Chihuahua, Chin japonés, Chow-Chow, Dogo de Burdeos, English Toy Spaniel, Grifón de Bruselas, Japanese Spaniel, King Charles Spaniel, Lhasa-apso, Maltes, Mastiff, Mastín (todas las razas), Pekines, Pinscherminiatura, Pitbull, Presa canario, Pug, San Bernardo, SharPei, Shich-tzu, Spanielinglés enano, Spanieltibetano, Yorkshire terrier.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have read that an animal must be able to travel in a case under the seat in front. Many business class seats do not permit any luggage on the floor. I would want to check this issue out in order to be confident about traveling with a pet on Iberia.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
https://www.iberia.com/es/viajar-con-iberia/animales/
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
J is fine as long as the animal meets the weight and size criteria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.