FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Locked out of account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1993681-locked-out-account.html)

joeluk Nov 1, 2019 8:02 am

Locked out of account

Hi folks

I recently tried to log into my Iberia Plus account and am getting an error

Restricted access to personal area

Access to the Iberia Plus personal area is currently blocked for the indicated number.

Iberia Plus service is not available at present (UB003).

It will be necessary to unblock your PIN in order to access the Iberia Plus personal area. To do so, please contact our customer service centre 02 036 843 774, and give the code shown below.

Block code (01)

If, on the other hand, you would like to make a booking, remember that you can do so without having to identify yourself by means of your PIN. You may use your Iberia Plus card number during the process in question.

Calling the UK number listed there in the error takes me to an english contact centre who very unhelpfully can't help me and can't put me through to anybody who can help.
I was told I need to contact a different call centre +34 917742607 which has no UK number.
I phoned it and, of course, they only speak spanish!

Can anybody advise how to get out of this endless trap?

All I want to do is transfer some Iberia Avios back to BA Avios.

craigthemif Nov 1, 2019 3:40 pm

What did you do to get your account locked / audited?

theplayer Nov 1, 2019 4:47 pm

clear cache

Duben Nov 18, 2019 8:44 am

Thank you, it is working!

Concerto Dec 28, 2019 5:23 am

I have this issue with a friend right now and we're definitely locked out. When I tried on the German site, a message came up saying that I had to call a number in Frankfurt to entsperren the account. Earlier, when I tried on the Spanish site I ended up with a pdf form in German for correcting personal details (Antrag zur Korrektur persönlicher Angaben), which I printed out and filled in for him (including a photocopy of his passport data page). Which address should I send that to? Or should I just scan it and send it to [email protected]?

Yllanes Dec 28, 2019 5:31 am

I think sending to that email address (with the account number in the subject) is the easiest method.

The_Bouncer Dec 28, 2019 7:08 am

I am having similar issues. Every time I try to search for an award flight, I get a message asking for my number and pin. I put this in and it rinses and repeats.

I don't know whether it's connected, but I am also unable to access the seat map for a booked award flight.

simon stingray Dec 28, 2019 8:50 am

I'm also having problems but I cannot log into either of our 2 accounts. Keep getting the message that login details are incorrect.

When I click on recover/reset password then it says I will get an email with a link to reset password, but email never arrives.

Checked spam box but nothing.

Any advice anyone-please?

The_Bouncer Dec 28, 2019 9:30 am

I called Iberia and this seems to be a more widespread issue. I think all we can do is wait.

Concerto Dec 29, 2019 10:08 am

Well, if it's a more widespread issue it's been going on for months now. I managed to lock my friend's account back in November sometime, but I have only now reached Oberhausen (where he is) so I can get him to complete and sign the form.
I think I will call the 069 number tomorrow before sending the form and a scan of his passport by email.

blagger Jan 7, 2020 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by simon stingray (Post 31883395)
I'm also having problems but I cannot log into either of our 2 accounts. Keep getting the message that login details are incorrect.

When I click on recover/reset password then it says I will get an email with a link to reset password, but email never arrives.

Checked spam box but nothing.

Any advice anyone-please?

I'm in the same situation. Did you manage to resolve this?

tobsw Jan 8, 2020 2:28 am

Have you used the app to reset the password?

blagger Jan 12, 2020 12:48 pm

For posterity, in case it's useful to other Iberia.com victims, here's how I finally got into my account.

The original problem was that it kept giving me a password reset page every time I attempted to log in, even though my credentials were correct, but didn't log me in. At that point, I should have searched for advice from others but instead I foolishly requested a password reset which did reset my password but didn't send any email even though it said it was sent. Now I couldn't even log in as far as the password reset page (my login credentials were rejected as invalid).

After a couple of dozen attempts requesting a password reset in both the app and the browser, I eventually got an email with a temporary password. This got me back to the previous state (constantly getting password reset page after login), and by trying incognito mode in Chrome I was able to log in successfully. So the moral of the story is to keep requesting a password reset until some miracle happens and an email containing the new password is delivered.

Incidentally, the Twitter account was absolutely useless in responding to my DMs. After a couple of days and several attempts to contact them, someone responded with a broken link to an alleged help page.

Concerto Jan 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Well I am no further forward, sent the email to the clasica address and never got a response. So for my friend and the 10,000 or so Avios he has got there, it’s barely worth the hassle it all seems to be. Why is Iberia so suck awful?

beppo Jan 12, 2020 2:26 pm

I have just found out I joined the club as well.
I have not tried to request a reset yet, I think I will wait a few days hoping it will get sorted out somehow.