Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia website issues adding a frequent flyer number (AA) to an Iberia booking

Iberia website issues adding a frequent flyer number (AA) to an Iberia booking

Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Angry Iberia website issues adding a frequent flyer number (AA) to an Iberia booking

I frequently book Iberia fares directly on the websites of Iberia and Iberia Express.

I always add my American Airlines AAdvantage number to the bookings when making them.

Without fail, the AA number always drops off the booking after booking.

When I try to add the AA number to the booking before checking in, it always fails to save it to the booking.

This always leads to a situation where I (or my wife) need to remember to ask the airport check-in counter staff to add it to the booking before flying.

Does anyone else have this problem with Iberia's websites? Is there anything we can do to help fix this circus?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
That is a known issue with the IB website which has not been addressed in years. Don't bother entering the AA number when you make the booking. After you finish the booking go to 'Manage your booking' and edit the passenger profile. If you enter the AA number there, it will be captured.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by UKdiver
That is a known issue with the IB website which has not been addressed in years. Don't bother entering the AA number when you make the booking. After you finish the booking go to 'Manage your booking' and edit the passenger profile. If you enter the AA number there, it will be captured.
Thanks. For what it's worth, I've tried that approach as well and most of the time the AA number is not captured in the 'Manage your booking' area. I think I have found that using that feature on the mobile app does allow it to be captured...I'll try both methods next time.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Make sure you're logged out of the IB site before you book, and it will get your AA number. Otherwise I've always had to add it at the airport.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:40 am

I've had some success changing FF numbers through Finnair website. Mostly when I've booked RFS on BA (blue) but want to use my IB (silver) status. Seems to work, ie free seat selection opens / avios post to IB, even when BA FF number is shown on website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.