Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

At what point do I have a right to change flights?

Old Oct 9, 19, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata

Last spring there was a momentary cheap J fare on IB MAD-MEX over the new year (995). As I was planning to be in MEX on those dates I quickly booked flights for my dates. And as I was driving at the time I didn't pay much attention to what I was clicking. N.b.: the IB app, when displaying flights with three classes of service only displays economy and premium economy and you have to manually scroll to the right to see the business fare. So I wound up booking C on the outbound MAD-MEX and premium economy on the return, on AA codeshares with a stop in MIA, for more than the J fare would have been...that will teach me to pull over and pay attention next time a fare error hits my Whatsapp!

Anyway, I am interested in either changing the outbound for another date, routing, class, or all of the above. What makes me wonder if this might be possible is that since 30 May IBERIACONECTA has sent me no fewer than NINE flight change notifications, altering the timing sometimes by a few minutes, other times by up to five hours, and bouncing my seats all around the Y and Y+ cabins on the return. This will presumably continue, though I'm not sure.

Is this justification to either be allowed to change the routing without penalty or just cancel the whole thing and rebook what I actually want? If so, how should I approach it when I...(deep breath) call IB?
Old Oct 9, 19, 5:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
You should be able to do either, with such chagnes.
Old Oct 10, 19, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure about routing changes. IB can be pretty strict on those unless there is an actual cancellation or your arrival is several hours later than booked (but you could get there on time with a different routing)

Cancellation and refund should be easy.

Search this Thread