Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEVEL Operated by Iberia Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

LEVEL Operated by Iberia Questions

For our upcoming flight from SFO-BCN our ticket is booked in A Class(Economy) under the Optima Fare. I went ahead and ordered a Kosher Meal and under the meal designation it says "Food and Beverages for Purchase". I thought under the Optimal Fare the meal is included so perhaps this is for additional snacks. Also what does the A Fare mean with regards to earning American Advantage Miles?

Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:54 pm

I just flew LEVEL this week in the Premium cabin. On this page about LEVEL's fares, I don't see Optima listed as a fare type for that route, only for intra-Europe flights. For TATL flights to ORY, they list the Plus fares including meals. About AA miles, the AAdvantage site says "As of November 1, 2017, travel on any flights marketed by Iberia and operated by Iberia for LEVEL (IB2600 – IB2699) aren't eligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual."
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rove312
I just flew LEVEL this week in the Premium cabin. On this page about LEVEL's fares, I don't see Optima listed as a fare type for that route, only for intra-Europe flights. For TATL flights to ORY, they list the Plus fares including meals. About AA miles, the AAdvantage site says "As of November 1, 2017, travel on any flights marketed by Iberia and operated by Iberia for LEVEL (IB2600 – IB2699) aren't eligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual."
We are on a Basic+Fare and may try to upgrade to Premium if there is a good offer. Our one way is $280 from SFO-BCN booked on Iberia under the Optimal Fare (A Booking Fare Basis)

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by danielonn
We are on a Basic+Fare and may try to upgrade to Premium if there is a good offer. Our one way is $280 from SFO-BCN booked on Iberia under the Optimal Fare (A Booking Fare Basis)

Thanks
That fare is in ULCC territory, so I wouldn't expect a free meal.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We booked Optimal Fare with Iberia and it says a meal, seat assignment and luggage are included. On our E-Ticket it shows the Kosher Meal Confirmed and Food for Purchase. IF we have to pay for the meal then there is a dispute and I can show the misrepresentation of the service I ordered. I may ask for a comped upgrade to Premium if they are going to charge for a service I did not agree to pay for.

Iberia shows the meal as being included on their website except for the Basic Fare it says no meal is included on LEVEL so I paid the extra $$$ to get the meal via the Iberia Website. If LEVEL and Iberia have conflicting information I would take the meal and drinks and not pay for it because this is what my fare includes and is owed to me. Now if Iberia shows that a meal is for purchase I may have booked another airline. I am going to print off the page that shows the Optimal Fare includes a Meal!

One cannot misrepresent a service , charge more and then not offer it.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We are on the Optimal Fare booked via IB.com. Iberia shows the Optimal Fare includes a meal, luggage and seat assignment. The ticket says Iberia for LEVEL so Iberia operates the flight for LEVEL hence why I decided to book via Ibera. What the LEVEL website says is irrelevant because I bopoked with Iberia. If this was not an option I would have booked va LEVEL.

SkyScanner showed me that by booking via Iberia vs with a third party was the same for the Basic Fare. As we all know its better to book directly with the airline
to pay the cost to get luggage, seat assignment and meals. I am willing to fork over the $$$ to prepay for these services. I am not so worried about the alcoholic beverages for purchase as I can pay for that its that the service shows Meal and Drinks included unless you book a Basic Fare which I did not do nor want.

On Norwegian you have a Basic and Basic_ Fare with meal, seat assignment and luggage so I am well aware of the fare basis.

Anyone here want to chime in? The Iberia Agent assured me that a meal and drinks would be included.

Here is the Fares Basic and Optimal
Basic FareHand Level 1 Piece Meal Included Except LEVELOptimalHand Luggage1 PieceBaggage in Hold1 Piece Included
Meal IncludedSeat Assignment
Free 24 hours before departure.

Last edited by danielonn; Sep 29, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:47 pm

If you get the free seat selection 24 hours before departure, you might see if the confirmation includes mention of the free meals. When I called for seat assignments (which fell through, reported elsewhere here) I got a cluttered email including mention of Meal: Snack/Dinner on the LEVEL Premium flight and "Food and Beverages for Purchase" on the Vueling flight. Or you could contact them earlier and see if they'll send a written confirmation including the free meal.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
If your fare is Optima booked through the IB website, yes you have "free" meal + drinks.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
If your fare is Optima booked through the IB website, yes you have "free" meal + drinks.
Thanks for confirming.So this includes unlimited drinks including or not including alcohol? How will the FA know not to charge us? Will the IFE ordering system be programmed not to ask for payment in addition to our hot meal? Thanks.We booked via IB.com Optimal Fare.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:27 pm

I booked BCN-JFK on iberia.com using Avios for a flight in December. Unclear what fare type this was booked as, since the flight does include one checked bag per person and free advance seat selection, but no clear indication of whether meals are included or not (and if not, how to pre-book). Trying to pre-book meals on iberia.com and I get "The meal service request is not available for this trip."

Has anyone here had experience using Avios for LEVEL by Iberia flights?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by md125
I booked BCN-JFK on iberia.com using Avios for a flight in December. Unclear what fare type this was booked as, since the flight does include one checked bag per person and free advance seat selection, but no clear indication of whether meals are included or not (and if not, how to pre-book). Trying to pre-book meals on iberia.com and I get "The meal service request is not available for this trip."
One possible clue - headforpoints.com noted back in 2017 that "Avios tickets will not book into the cheapest ticket category (LEVEL). This means that you WILL receive a free checked bag, free seat selection and food." So perhaps there is indeed a meal, I will check with Iberia tomorrow.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Avios bookings on LEVEL include "free meal + drinks", seat and checked-in luggage.

If you want to select a special meal, I'm not sure you can do that on-line. Call IB or LEVEL.
md125 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:31 am

I have a different LEVEL question. I used Chase points to book a LEVEL flight in Premium Economy from Paris to Newark (Iberia flight number). There was no option to select seats during booking. Called Chase and after many holds, they said we couldn't get seats until check-in. Iberia said they couldn't see the reservation because it was booked with an OTA. I know Level charges to book seats, but I don't have the Level record locator (tried asking Iberia for it).

Has anyone been able to successfully reserve seats on a Level flight that was an Iberia codeshare and booked through an OTA?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by renegurl
but I don't have the Level record locator (tried asking Iberia for it).
I booked through Iberia (and was able to select seats) but have also not figured out a way to get a Level record locator, would be very interested to know how to find that out, or if one even exists. Even when booking directly through Iberia, a ton of website functionality didn't quite work right with the Level booking vs. booking Iberia on the same website.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by md125
I booked through Iberia (and was able to select seats) but have also not figured out a way to get a Level record locator, would be very interested to know how to find that out, or if one even exists. Even when booking directly through Iberia, a ton of website functionality didn't quite work right with the Level booking vs. booking Iberia on the same website.
I called Level twice today. My ticket is Iberia operated by Level, booked with Chase points. Chase couldn't help with seats and Iberia wouldn't touch the booking because I booked through Chase.
  • The customer service rep can lookup your Level record locator based on name and flight info.
  • Seat selection - it took two calls, but I got XL seats assigned for free (booked premium economy). The first rep told me it was 75e or I can check in now (within 21 days), but this was faulty info. Further, while I finally could look up my booking online, I couldn't view the seat map, book seats, etc. When in doubt, ask them to look up how much it is to reserve seats.
  • Website - They need your e-mail and phone number saved to the reservation, or else you won't be able to pull up your booking. I got an error. If it still doesn't work, call again.
Hope this helps any future travelers who book through Chase or Iberia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.