Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia won't post Avios earned with Chase Visa

Old Sep 24, 19, 10:45 am
Original Poster

I'm having a problem, looking for any ideas on how to solve.

I received the Iberia Chase credit card, and met the spending requirements (Receive 25,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 in 6 months). On my Chase statement, the points are listed in the month they were earned. But nothing in my Iberia account. I have called Chase and escalated this 4 times. They said they've notified Iberia to give me the points. Iberia has not posted the Avios. I have tried calling Iberia, and they say to email [email protected]. I have done this over and over, with no response.

What would you do? Does anyone have a phone number for Iberia I could try, I get nothing but pushback from the first line of customer service.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 15, 19, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

I wanted to follow up on this thread, in case someone else ever has this problem.

I ended up writing a letter describing the situation and
1) Faxing it to the Chase Correspondence department.
2) Posting it in a direct message to the Chase Facebook and Twitter accounts.

After this letter, in which I said that my Avios seemed to have disappeared into the ether and no one was taking responsibility, the points must have been resent to Iberia, because they appeared within 2-3 days.
Old Oct 23, 19, 6:37 pm

I had issues with Iberia avios posting from Chase too. In my case it was because my Chase card had my middle initial and my Avios account did not. The names must match *exactly* apparently.

After much back and forth (and non-responsiveness on the part of Iberia), Chase eventually confirmed that this was the problem and was eventually able to delete the middle initial and then the points went through.
Old Oct 31, 21, 3:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, ITA Volare Executive, Royal Air Maroc Gold
Whoa -- this makes for fascinating reading. My Chase statement shows that I have earned the SUB, but my Iberia account shows nada. Now I am staring at my credit card, which includes my middle initial, and my Iberia Plus account, which does not. Will call Chase and see if this helps move things along.
Old Oct 31, 21, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I had a similar problem with my British Airways Chase card a couple of years ago. I temporarily moved my BA Executive Club address to Europe, at which point Chase informed me that I could keep the BA Visa card, but no Avios would be credited to my BAEC account until I changed its address back to a US location.

I changed my BAEC address back to the US a year or so later, however after a few months I noticed that the Avios I had been earning through my BA Chase purchases were still not being credited to my BAEC account. So I called Chase, and they told me that that was due to a discrepancy between my BAEC address and the address for my BA Chase card. Apparently if the two are not identical the Avios won't be automatically transferred. The lady I spoke to quickly fixed it, and the Avios started getting credited to my BAEC account from the following monthly statement. I haven't had any problems since then.

As regards the missing Avios for the five months prior to my phone call to Chase that fixed the issue, I e-mailed BAEC with a detailed list of the missing Avios by month, and six weeks later a BAEC customer service rep e-mailed me back to inform me that she had added them manually to my account. So the way to go is probably to call Chase first so they can fix the problem (likely a discrepancy between your addresses or your names for Iberia and Chase), then to e-mail IB's customer service with a request to credit the missing Avios, and that is likely to take weeks, if my experience with BA is any indication.

Last edited by London Dude; Oct 31, 21 at 4:16 pm
Old Nov 1, 21, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, ITA Volare Executive, Royal Air Maroc Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries View Post
Whoa -- this makes for fascinating reading. My Chase statement shows that I have earned the SUB, but my Iberia account shows nada. Now I am staring at my credit card, which includes my middle initial, and my Iberia Plus account, which does not. Will call Chase and see if this helps move things along.
So I called. I said that my "Avios earned for purchases this period" points on my Chase statement were posting to my Iberia Plus account, but that my "New Cardmember Bonus Avios" points (shown on the same statement) were not posting.

The CSR said she would look into the posting time. She came back and said that it was "6 to 8 weeks" -- that this allowed them time to check eligibility, etc. I said, "Even though you (Chase) show the points as earned?" "Yes." As to when the "6 to 8 weeks" dates from, the CSR said that that would be when you (I) met the bonus qualification. Since that was already 4-5 weeks ago, I figured that there would be nothing to be gained at this point by bombarding her with info about exact matching of accounts, etc. I would like to be wrong, but I am guessing that 4 weeks from now I will be calling back to try from another angle.
Old Nov 2, 21, 12:03 pm

So I called. I said that my "Avios earned for purchases this period" points on my Chase statement were posting to my Iberia Plus account, but that my "New Cardmember Bonus Avios" points (shown on the same statement) were not posting.

The CSR said she would look into the posting time. She came back and said that it was "6 to 8 weeks" -- that this allowed them time to check eligibility, etc. I said, "Even though you (Chase) show the points as earned?" "Yes." As to when the "6 to 8 weeks" dates from, the CSR said that that would be when you (I) met the bonus qualification. Since that was already 4-5 weeks ago, I figured that there would be nothing to be gained at this point by bombarding her with info about exact matching of accounts, etc. I would like to be wrong, but I am guessing that 4 weeks from now I will be calling back to try from another angle.
I went through this as well,it's not 6-8 weeks. The bonus points should post within a few days, if they don't, you have problems. I would keep calling.

edit-Here is SM response from Aug
"The posting timeframe for rewards earned on a partner credit card is seven business days from the statement closing date, not 30 days. If you ever encounter an instance where your Avios are not posted within this timeframe, send us a secure message. As you have seen, the partner was able to manually add the 100,000 Avios manually."
Biggie Fries likes this.

Last edited by theplayer; Nov 2, 21 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 2, 21, 2:19 pm

Did anyone here have issues accessing their IB account in the first place? Mine was created with the Chase Card and I can't get in at all.
Old Nov 4, 21, 9:31 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by theplayer View Post
I went through this as well,it's not 6-8 weeks. The bonus points should post within a few days, if they don't, you have problems. I would keep calling.

edit-Here is SM response from Aug
"The posting timeframe for rewards earned on a partner credit card is seven business days from the statement closing date, not 30 days. If you ever encounter an instance where your Avios are not posted within this timeframe, send us a secure message. As you have seen, the partner was able to manually add the 100,000 Avios manually."
So I tried the SM route, just after seven business days, and got this as part of the reply:

As per our records, 100,000 bonus points posted on your October xx, 2021 credit card statement. Avios earned each credit card statement will post monthly to Iberia account within 30 days of the statement date.

Biggie Fries, we request you to allow sufficient time for the Avios to post to your Iberia account.
Sigh. Seems to depend a lot on who you ask.
Old Nov 4, 21, 3:07 pm

So I tried the SM route, just after seven business days, and got this as part of the reply:

Sigh. Seems to depend a lot on who you ask.
yes frustrating, but trust me, it shouldn't take 30 days. Ask for your case to be escalated. The points won't magically appear in 30 days, someone has to enter it manually.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Nov 8, 21, 6:06 am

Programs: Marriott, AA
Originally Posted by formfacts View Post
I'm having a problem, looking for any ideas on how to solve.

I received the Iberia Chase credit card, and met the spending requirements (Receive 25,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 in 6 months). On my Chase statement, the points are listed in the month they were earned. But nothing in my Iberia account. I have called Chase and escalated this 4 times. They said they've notified Iberia to give me the points. Iberia has not posted the Avios. I have tried calling Iberia, and they say to email [email protected]. I have done this over and over, with no response.

What would you do? Does anyone have a phone number for Iberia I could try, I get nothing but pushback from the first line of customer service.

Thanks for any advice.
I had a similar situation recently with Best Western points transfer. I wrote to BW and they responded quickly, but it still took an Ange for them to post on Iberia.
Old Dec 2, 21, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer View Post
yes frustrating, but trust me, it shouldn't take 30 days. Ask for your case to be escalated. The points won't magically appear in 30 days, someone has to enter it manually.
Truer words never spoken.

I did wait out there 30 days and gave them a few more for Thanksgiving. Nothing -- no magic. Called in again yesterday -- points showed up today.
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Seanish View Post
Did anyone here have issues accessing their IB account in the first place? Mine was created with the Chase Card and I can't get in at all.
Having this same issue. Applied for the card with my actual Iberia+ account number but Chase ended up creating a new one for me anyway. This is likely because the zip code on my Chase account was the full hyphenated version vs. only 5 digits on my Iberia+ account, which I've since corrected.

I've spent way too much time on the phone with both Chase supervisors and Iberia (Madrid) with no resolution. Chase originally recommended merging the Iberia+ accounts, but according to Reddit that's a very lengthy process involving the online form and a prayer. At least one guy was able to successfully merge after months, but still hasn't received his SUB.

With that in mind, I had a conference call with Chase AND Iberia and we determined that no merge was necessary, and that it was Chase's responsibility to simply change what Iberia+ account was linked to the credit card. The Chase supervisor submitted the request to their marketing department (who is apparently responsible for this stuff), and I just heard back that they forwarded it to Iberia. So now it's back in Iberia's hands... which I'm assuming will lead nowhere.

I will earn the SUB when my statement closes tomorrow. Unless something miraculous happens, it's going to post to the new Iberia+ account Chase created - for which I only have the account number. The online password reset doesn't work for it. Has anyone figured out how to access a Chase created Iberia+ account?
Old Mar 19, 22, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott, AA
I'm in this same version of hell. I just submitted all the information to Iberia to merge the newly created Chase account with my long extant Iberia Plus and combine my Avios.

Fingers crossed.
Old May 2, 22, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pittspilot View Post
I'm in this same version of hell. I just submitted all the information to Iberia to merge the newly created Chase account with my long extant Iberia Plus and combine my Avios.

Fingers crossed.
Ditto for me. I've had 5 (!!) calls with Chase's escalation department about this. For some reason (name? zip code?), a new Iberia account was created and all of my Avios are sitting there, but I have no access to that account. I've since removed my middle initial from the Chase card side.

Chase has now asked Iberia four times to pull back the points and put them in the correct account, but so far hasn't happened. Getting Iberia on the phone is also impossible.

Has anyone actually had this resolved?

Any

Search this Thread