Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia won't post Avios earned with Chase Visa

Iberia won't post Avios earned with Chase Visa

Old Jun 21, 22, 3:25 pm

Waiting game

When I use the IB number provided by Chase on the forgot pw I get this messageImportant notice

There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number. Please make sure that you have entered it correctly. You can find your Iberia Plus number on your card and at the top left-hand corner of the emails we send you.

I did send a secure message to chase which was escalated to a supervisor who replied they were reaching out to IBERIA to email me a login reset
Good Luck to All!
Old Jun 21, 22, 3:26 pm

Waiting game

When I use the IB number provided by Chase on the forgot pw I get this message

Important notice

There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number. Please make sure that you have entered it correctly. You can find your Iberia Plus number on your card and at the top left-hand corner of the emails we send you.

I did send a secure message to chase which was escalated to a supervisor who replied they were reaching out to IBERIA to email me a login reset
Good Luck to All!
Old Jun 21, 22, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by verolopez143 View Post
When I use the IB number provided by Chase on the forgot pw I get this messageImportant notice

Good Luck to All!
try on the app
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by theplayer View Post
Can't believe it, but Iberia responded today(on a Saturday) to my merging of accounts request from yesterday. Not sure why it would take 2 weeks to see the points show up from the transfer into my existing IB account as they stated it was "processed". Good first step it appears.

Thanks for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that we have processed the cancellation of the Iberia Plus account xxxxx.The Iberia Plus account xxxxxx remains active. A total of xxxx Avios will be transferred. If everything is correct in few weeks you will see the credit in your Iberia Plus account.

Please be aware that if you decided to cancel the one that is linked to your Chase account, you must contact them in order replace the Iberia Plus account on their system.

We hope to continue with your trust and we take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings.

Your Iberia Plus Service Center.

Have just tried this....fingers heavily crossed (and keeping expectations low!).
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:20 am

update-Success!!
my points were transferred to my existing IB plus account from the new account created when applying for the credit card.
Process only took 6 days.
Summary:
- go to https://contacto.iberia.com/
- under "reason" choose Loyalty program
- under "detail" choose duplicate IB+ account.
- under "subject" I entered merge IB+ accounts
- in the description box I entered the IB+ account I wanted to keep and requested all points be transferred to that account.
I did list the newly created account as well. You can get this by calling Chase. I also received an Email from IB about a month after applying for the card acknowledging the newly created account with the account #.
- I attached copy of my passport.
Old Jun 23, 22, 6:41 am

Today I woke up to an email from Iberia to reset password for the IB+ assigned by Chase. I also saw the Avios posted and another email said profile up to date. I was unable to reset the pw with that link but I was able to go to the app send myself another reset pw and got a new email that worked. I am able to see my account from app but when I try to login from chrome or edge says IB+ And pw combo not correct. To make an avios booking the app takes u to safari web page and asks u to login again so that is not working either.

I used the strategy above now to contact IB - I think maybe since chase used the same email I had perviously used to create an IB account maybe itís blocking something on their end? Will keep everyone posted

good luck to all!
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:08 am

Today I woke up to an email from Iberia to reset password for the IB+ assigned by Chase. I also saw the Avios posted and another email said profile up to date. I was unable to reset the pw with that link but I was able to go to the app send myself another reset pw and got a new email that worked. I am able to see my account from app but when I try to login from chrome or edge says IB+ And pw combo not correct. To make an avios booking the app takes u to safari web page and asks u to login again so that is not working either.

I used the strategy above now to contact IB - I think maybe since chase used the same email I had perviously used to create an IB account maybe itís blocking something on their end? Will keep everyone posted

good luck to all!
that is exactly what happened to me, could log in on app(not computer) and see my new account with the bonus points, but could not use avios as it linked to a log in page where same account # and password would not work. Use my strategy above to merge accounts and you should be fine.
Old Jun 23, 22, 6:18 pm

that is exactly what happened to me, could log in on app(not computer) and see my new account with the bonus points, but could not use avios as it linked to a log in page where same account # and password would not work. Use my strategy above to merge accounts and you should be fine.
well I just got a reply to advise which one I want and which I donít and attach my passport - I previously attached my passport but maybe I wasnít clear in my message. I am writing to them in Spanish which you think would be helpful - but makes not difference
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
update-Success!!
my points were transferred to my existing IB plus account from the new account created when applying for the credit card.
Process only took 6 days.
Summary:
- go to https://contacto.iberia.com/
- under "reason" choose Loyalty program
- under "detail" choose duplicate IB+ account.
- under "subject" I entered merge IB+ accounts
- in the description box I entered the IB+ account I wanted to keep and requested all points be transferred to that account.
I did list the newly created account as well. You can get this by calling Chase. I also received an Email from IB about a month after applying for the card acknowledging the newly created account with the account #.
- I attached copy of my passport.
I just did the same, and got a message from IB+ that the points would be transferred within "a few weeks". How long did it take for the point transfer to hit your correct IB+ account?
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by NYEsq View Post
I just did the same, and got a message from IB+ that the points would be transferred within "a few weeks". How long did it take for the point transfer to hit your correct IB+ account?
I received the Email on Saturday, points transferred following Thursday, so 5 days
Old Jun 27, 22, 5:49 am

Update here - I received an email 24 hours after emailing stating they would delete my IB+ number and update the new one ( I am choosing to keep the chase one to not have to deal with another call) my email said now it takes a couple weeks for that dept to review everything and finalize. Hoping itís 5 days as well
Old Jun 27, 22, 2:46 pm

Update here - I received an email 24 hours after emailing stating they would delete my IB+ number and update the new one ( I am choosing to keep the chase one to not have to deal with another call) my email said now it takes a couple weeks for that dept to review everything and finalize. Hoping itís 5 days as well
but can you log into that one? I would trust Chase more than IB. I had already met the spend requirement for the bonus and won't be putting another dime on the card so it really didn't matter what account Chase links to going forward. I just wanted the points transferred to the account I knew I had access to. Hopefully it works out for you and IB will allow you to log into new account.
Old Today, 6:54 pm

but can you log into that one? I would trust Chase more than IB. I had already met the spend requirement for the bonus and won't be putting another dime on the card so it really didn't matter what account Chase links to going forward. I just wanted the points transferred to the account I knew I had access to. Hopefully it works out for you and IB will allow you to log into new account.
I was able to login through app not the website. UPDATE -As you said itís been a week even though I have not received an update from Iberia I have been trying to login everyday and tonight the login with the Chase assigned IB+ number worked! I have not met the spend limit so I thought safer to not change # with Chase. Thank you for all your help!!

Search this Thread