Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia won't post Avios earned with Chase Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia won't post Avios earned with Chase Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 10:48 am

Still ongoing for me. Been on Iberia since October.

Chase has offered the new account solution but I would like to use the original one since it is linked to my primary email. Iberia says they are still working on it. Just recently I have been able to log into the iOS app but the same credentials don't work on the website. So the problem persists since you can't use the app alone to use Avios.

I have even referenced these forum posts in correspondence with Iberia and Chase. I have flown Iberia a handful of times and it was fine but this customer service and backend stuff is atrocious. I would trust AirAsia to resolve it quicker.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold

Thanks for the reality check. Chase really did not know what they were doing by getting into bed with Iberia. What a total joke.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott, AA, United, BA,
Well, mine finally posted to my account (merged my extant and my "new Chase") after three months of constant back and forward. I have chastised Chase as the instructions that they issue - "email this address" do not work, as a matter of business practice Iberia reject all emails with attachments. I then completed the web form - with the same information and attachments - and after a few chase ups the points posted.

Now to see whether I really CAN travel with a ticket which has my last name duplicated.........
Old May 3, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Pittspilot
Well, mine finally posted to my account (merged my extant and my "new Chase") after three months of constant back and forward. I have chastised Chase as the instructions that they issue - "email this address" do not work, as a matter of business practice Iberia reject all emails with attachments. I then completed the web form - with the same information and attachments - and after a few chase ups the points posted.

Now to see whether I really CAN travel with a ticket which has my last name duplicated.........
What exactly did you ask Iberia to do to get your accounts merged? I am not even able to send a message to Iberia for my "new" Chase-created account as the Iberia system tells me that my email and IB+ number don't match. (Call center says they do match!).
Old May 3, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by NYEsq
Ditto for me. I've had 5 (!!) calls with Chase's escalation department about this. For some reason (name? zip code?), a new Iberia account was created and all of my Avios are sitting there, but I have no access to that account. I've since removed my middle initial from the Chase card side.

Chase has now asked Iberia four times to pull back the points and put them in the correct account, but so far hasn't happened. Getting Iberia on the phone is also impossible.

Has anyone actually had this resolved?

Any
Hello, were you ever able to access the new Iberia account that was created? If so, how did you go about figuring that out? I'm encountering the same problem and Chase won't tell me what account the Avios are being sent to.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by NN301
Hello, were you ever able to access the new Iberia account that was created? If so, how did you go about figuring that out? I'm encountering the same problem and Chase won't tell me what account the Avios are being sent to.
Chase could tell me the new IB+ account which they created on my behalf, but I have no access to it.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Pittspilot

One thing Iberia is actually good about is being very flexible with names. Due to Spanish naming conventions (Every Spaniard has two last names) they've seen it get messed around every which way you can imagine in booking engines.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:57 am

I finally got this resolved after two months and countless calls (I'd guess over 20+ calls to both Chase and Iberia).

My situation: I entered my existing Iberia Plus account number on the Chase application, but Chase ended up creating a new Iberia account for me anyway. I think this was because the zip code on my Chase account was extended and the zip code on my Iberia account was only 5 digits. I realized the accounts weren't linked a couple days after applying, and well before any Avios were earned, by accidentally stumbling into a Reddit post about someone in a similar boat. This means I started the process of trying to correct this before any Avios had posted to the wrong Iberia account, but in the end the process took so long that I earned Avios before everything was fixed anyway.

What I think you need to do based on my experience:
  • Call Chase and ask to speak to a supervisor (every time you talk to Chase it MUST be with a supervisor). Explain the situation and that you know it's already happened to other people you know. They will be able to give you the Iberia Plus number of the account they mistakenly created for you, and also confirm it's the one currently linked to your Chase account.
  • Call Iberia Plus at +34 917 742 607 (use Google Voice) to confirm that account actually exists (even though you can't access it online you can over the phone), and if you've earned Avios on a Chase statement already, to check if Avios were deposited to it (if they weren't, don't worry. Mine took over a month). Ask them for directions on how to merge the Chase created account into your actual Iberia Plus account.
  • Submit the request to merge accounts at contacto.iberia.com. In addition to the instructions Iberia gave you over the phone, you MUST include a scan of your passport on this form.
  • Call Chase and tell them to change the Iberia Plus number that's linked to your Chase account to your actual Iberia Plus number, because that will be the Iberia Plus number you have access to after the accounts are merged (and all future Avios earned need to go there). Chase only needs the digits from the Iberia Plus number, not the leading zeroes. Also tell them to submit a request to Iberia to merge the accounts (not sure if they can actually do this, but based on my experience it seemed like Chase had leverage on Iberia to "expedite" things).
  • Call Chase back as soon as the amount of time they told you to wait passes (usually 5-7 business days) to confirm the correct Iberia Plus number has been linked to your Chase account. It took me three separate "waiting periods" and requests before they finally completed this.
  • Keep calling Iberia to check if your accounts have been merged. I never received a single email from Iberia confirming my accounts were merged, let alone that I had even submitted a request. I found out they were finally merged by calling to check the balance on the Chase created Iberia Plus account (since I was expecting the SUB to post).
  • As soon as the accounts are merged (confirmed by calling Iberia), log into your actual Iberia Plus account and check the balance. If all your points are there, great. If not, call Chase and explain the accounts were merged but that you're still missing your points. They will submit a request to Iberia to have them deposited.
  • Check for your points after the waiting period Chase gave you to complete the request is over (probably another 5-7 business days). If the points still aren't there, call back. It took me two requests before my points were finally deposited.
To anyone interested in this card who hasn't applied yet, DON'T. It's not worth the hassle.
NYEsq likes this.

Last edited by rapishorrid; May 8, 2022 at 6:30 am
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:49 am

and it happened again. Chase transferred 100k bonus points, but they haven't shown up in my account. This is getting old.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by theplayer
and it happened again. Chase transferred 100k bonus points, but they haven't shown up in my account. This is getting old.
Three months and same for me. The mental exhaustion to deal with Iberia is too much for me, so I've basically decided to write this off as a bad experiment and move on with my life.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:29 pm

looks like Chase created a new IB plus account even though I entered my current # on the application. I will try the procedure in post #23.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:49 pm

No access to IB+

I am also having no success accessing the IB+ account created by Chase. I got the member number from Chase and called Iberia 800 number to figure out login. They say the IB+ number doesn’t exist. Account opened 5/30 is that possible? My first statement already closed and there were some Aviós earned.

I have tried Twitter DM and no success.

I will try the Madrid number next week (post 23). I don’t need a merge an account I just would like access to the one that was created for me!

this is obviously a problem and Chase seems to just blame Iberia
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by verolopez143
I am also having no success accessing the IB+ account created by Chase. I got the member number from Chase and called Iberia 800 number to figure out login. They say the IB+ number doesn’t exist. Account opened 5/30 is that possible? My first statement already closed and there were some Aviós earned.

I will try the Madrid number next week (post 23). I don’t need a merge an account I just would like access to the one that was created for me!

I called Madrid tonight and after a brief hold the rep stated to email on web form at contacto.iberia.com as in post #23.
I did this: under reason tab I chose loyalty program and under detail tab I chose cuenta IB+ duplicado(duplicate account)
I've found if you choose missing avios under detail tab that their response is not what you are looking for. I also attached a pic of my passport as post #23 suggests.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:57 am

Can't believe it, but Iberia responded today(on a Saturday) to my merging of accounts request from yesterday. Not sure why it would take 2 weeks to see the points show up from the transfer into my existing IB account as they stated it was "processed". Good first step it appears.

Thanks for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that we have processed the cancellation of the Iberia Plus account xxxxx.The Iberia Plus account xxxxxx remains active. A total of xxxx Avios will be transferred. If everything is correct in few weeks you will see the credit in your Iberia Plus account.

Please be aware that if you decided to cancel the one that is linked to your Chase account, you must contact them in order replace the Iberia Plus account on their system.

We hope to continue with your trust and we take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings.

Your Iberia Plus Service Center.

Last edited by theplayer; Jun 18, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by verolopez143

so on the app, I clicked recover password and was sent an email to reset. It seemed to work as I had access to my new account on the app and could see my sign up bonus points from Chase. BUT, when I tried to book a dummy flight, it redirected to a log in page and I couldn't log in. I tried from my computer, no luck. I reopened the app again and the new account info was still there.
I tried to combine on BA site, but couldn't even get to page to enter account #. IB IT is a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.