Using Iberia on Qantas multi city

Old Sep 21, 19, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Using Iberia on Qantas multi city

Is it possible to book Multiple cities with Iberia plus on Qantas? Online it only gives me one way option and no available unless I do round trip, then thereís award available.

I want to get from Sydney to Asp then asp to Perth.
Old Sep 22, 19, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Use ba.com.

IB+ is not worth the hassle.
Old Sep 22, 19, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by flybie View Post
Is it possible to book Multiple cities with Iberia plus on Qantas? Online it only gives me one way option and no available unless I do round trip, then thereís award available.

I want to get from Sydney to Asp then asp to Perth.
The IbPlus chart for multiple sectors is generous with short itineraries. For longer ones, the BAEC one is way way better (and you can also change, modify and refund it).

Regardless, the IbPlus chart origin and final destination must be the same airport. In your case it wouldn't work anyway, since you plan to depart from SYD and arrive in PER.
Old Sep 22, 19, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
The IbPlus chart for multiple sectors is generous with short itineraries. For longer ones, the BAEC one is way way better (and you can also change, modify and refund it).

Regardless, the IbPlus chart origin and final destination must be the same airport. In your case it wouldn't work anyway, since you plan to depart from SYD and arrive in PER.
correct thatís what I was looking for. Stopover. I called them the rep said itís not possible even on the phone as one-way is not permitted.

I love to use BA but they charge per segment thus make the Avios higher.
Old Sep 22, 19, 9:37 am

correct thatís what I was looking for. Stopover. I called them the rep said itís not possible even on the phone as one-way is not permitted.

I love to use BA but they charge per segment thus make the Avios higher.
BAEC has also a multi-segment chart based on total distance. look for it on google under multi-carrier award. condition is you need to use at least 2 oneworld airlines (excluding BA). Since you are using Qantas + American Airlines, you are fine and eligible for your itinerary..
Old Sep 22, 19, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
BAEC has also a multi-segment chart based on total distance. look for it on google under multi-carrier award. condition is you need to use at least 2 oneworld airlines (excluding BA). Since you are using Qantas + American Airlines, you are fine and eligible for your itinerary..
No will be all on Qantas, unfortunately. ASP is Alice spring not aspen
Old Sep 22, 19, 11:30 am

No will be all on Qantas, unfortunately. ASP is Alice spring not aspen
True that!!

In that case youīll have to use BAEC, because IbPlus does only allow redemption on partners were origin and final destination are the same.

Search this Thread