FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Using Iberia on Qantas multi city (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1988272-using-iberia-qantas-multi-city.html)

flybie Sep 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Using Iberia on Qantas multi city

Is it possible to book Multiple cities with Iberia plus on Qantas? Online it only gives me one way option and no available unless I do round trip, then there’s award available.

I want to get from Sydney to Asp then asp to Perth.

craigthemif Sep 22, 2019 3:55 am

Use ba.com.

IB+ is not worth the hassle.

tobsw Sep 22, 2019 4:16 am

Originally Posted by flybie (Post 31549527)
Is it possible to book Multiple cities with Iberia plus on Qantas? Online it only gives me one way option and no available unless I do round trip, then there’s award available.

I want to get from Sydney to Asp then asp to Perth.

The IbPlus chart for multiple sectors is generous with short itineraries. For longer ones, the BAEC one is way way better (and you can also change, modify and refund it).

Regardless, the IbPlus chart origin and final destination must be the same airport. In your case it wouldn't work anyway, since you plan to depart from SYD and arrive in PER.

flybie Sep 22, 2019 8:48 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 31550409)
The IbPlus chart for multiple sectors is generous with short itineraries. For longer ones, the BAEC one is way way better (and you can also change, modify and refund it).

Regardless, the IbPlus chart origin and final destination must be the same airport. In your case it wouldn't work anyway, since you plan to depart from SYD and arrive in PER.

correct that’s what I was looking for. Stopover. I called them the rep said it’s not possible even on the phone as one-way is not permitted.

I love to use BA but they charge per segment thus make the Avios higher.

tobsw Sep 22, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by flybie (Post 31550852)
correct that’s what I was looking for. Stopover. I called them the rep said it’s not possible even on the phone as one-way is not permitted.

I love to use BA but they charge per segment thus make the Avios higher.

BAEC has also a multi-segment chart based on total distance. look for it on google under multi-carrier award. condition is you need to use at least 2 oneworld airlines (excluding BA). Since you are using Qantas + American Airlines, you are fine and eligible for your itinerary..

flybie Sep 22, 2019 9:44 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 31550965)
BAEC has also a multi-segment chart based on total distance. look for it on google under multi-carrier award. condition is you need to use at least 2 oneworld airlines (excluding BA). Since you are using Qantas + American Airlines, you are fine and eligible for your itinerary..

No will be all on Qantas, unfortunately. ASP is Alice spring not aspen :)

tobsw Sep 22, 2019 11:30 am

Originally Posted by flybie (Post 31550979)
No will be all on Qantas, unfortunately. ASP is Alice spring not aspen :)

True that!!

In that case you´ll have to use BAEC, because IbPlus does only allow redemption on partners were origin and final destination are the same.

Kremmen Dec 11, 2019 7:07 pm

How do you get anything to show up at all? Any Qantas routes I've searched for on their web site (domestic or international) just say:

We have encountered some difficulty in dealing with this booking. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us.