need to book JL flight using avois. Help needed.

Old Sep 8, 19, 9:28 am
Original Poster

need to book JL flight using avois. Help needed.

I am trying to search book a round trip flight from BKK to TYO operated by JL. The flights do not show up online. I call the Iberia US number about 7 times with no success. Each time, they told me to call with different extension (saying "Iberia Plus", or "Iberia Plus changes" or "Avois" etc.) I gave up with all of them so I call the number in Spain. The guy took about 20 mins just to tell me that it would take 42k avios + unknown fee unless I book it first. 42k seem too high about a 2800 mile route round trip. On BA it was only 13k avios each way (26k roundtrip). I am trying to compare the tax and fee between BA and IB. Here are the questions:

1. I think the avios requirement that was quoted was not correct. When I searched on IB online, they only showed CX with a stop in HKG and it required 42k avios for the roundtrip.Do they have an award chart for JL flights?

2. How do I know the tax and fee?
Old Sep 8, 19, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Move your Avios to BA and just book it there.

The taxes and fees should be the same for both IB+ and BAEC.
4lB3R70 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 19, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
The Avios requirement in IbPlus is correct. Check the IbPlus website for Avios JAL redemptions. A 5.600 roundtrip is quoted at 42.000 Avios in economy.

There´s an easy solution. Move your Avios to BAEC.
Old Sep 8, 19, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
The Avios requirement in IbPlus is correct. Check the IbPlus website for Avios JAL redemptions. A 5.600 roundtrip is quoted at 42.000 Avios in economy.

There´s an easy solution. Move your Avios to BAEC.
Thanks. Wow! Such a waste! Not to mention how hard it is to communicate with them. The US agents are very rude and can hang up on you at any time.

Search this Thread