BOS Check In Desk times

Old Aug 12, 19, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
BOS Check In Desk times

Does anyone know what time the check in counters open in BOS for the 5:20 pm flight to MAD?
We want to check in as early as possible to take advantage of the excellent BA lounge where we'll eat before boarding. (We're in PE so no J class food for us. I'm OW Sapphire)
We're on a BA codeshare flight. I know if we check in at the airport we go to the Iberia counter. If we check in on line, do I do that via BA's site or IB's site?
Thanks
Old Aug 12, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE, Alaska MVP
It was three and a half hours before departure last time I checked, which was probably over a year ago.

BA's site will probably redirect you to Iberia.

Keep in mind that there is very little food in the BA lounge at that hour. I would recommend having lunch at your favourite Boston restaurant and arriving much later.
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The check-in counters should open around 2:30pm. Thereís no point arriving way before the flight. The food offerings in the lounge are pretty basic at that time of day. For reference, Iíve flown BOS-MAD on IB twice so far this year in J.

Aside from the usual drinks offerings, youíll have 3-4 varieties of finger sandwiches, raw veggies with hummus, chips, soup, assorted fruit and perhaps one or two other small things (like a pasta salad maybe). Aside from the soup, there will be no hot food items. Offerings are essentially the same as offered prior to the nightly CX service to HKG.

Food offerings improve when you get closer to the next BA departure slot. Since the next BA flight departs at 7:20pm, they wonít start putting out hot food until 5:00pm or so. In other words, the only way youíll get hot food is if you miss your flight or itís seriously delayed.
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info. I've only been in the lounge 1 other time. It was dinner time and the food was really good so was assuming something similar.
Maybe we do need to re-think the plan. (Although, the bartender did make a good martini )

Search this Thread