Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Cancelling an award booking. Up to 1 month to process the Avios refund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver

Well, you better make sure you want the award flight you book. Canceling award flights means that you will not get the miles refunded to your account for, in their words, 15-20 business days - that could be one friggin month! I cannot think of one good reason in a time when everything is handled electronically for that to be the case.

In addition, hold on to your cancelled confirmation number and e-ticket number as they will not use your frequent flier account number to look anything up. They could not possibly be less helpful.

I have flown business class with them on two round trips - one to Barcelona and one to Tel Aviv. It is a very good product but their customer service is inexcusably bad., Be warned.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
We all now that. We've told it many times.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
If after a week from the cancellation you have not received a mail confirming so, I recommend to phone back.
I only received immediate cancellation/Avios re-deposited/taxes back when I was IB+ Platino.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
It is now over a month. I posted on their FB page and they continually write that they have responded to me. That is true - they write me IMs saying they are working on it, are ewscalating it, etc. They do everything but return my miles. Shameful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.