IB Catering Question

Old Aug 2, 19, 12:09 am
Original Poster

IB Catering Question

A family member of mine is going to travel on the Iberia flight from Helsinki to Madrid. It's a 4-hour flight, departing at 16:00 and arriving at 20:00. He will travel in Biz class.

May I ask if IB will serve snacks, afternoon tea (maybe cakes or sandwiches), or dinner (real meal) on board? He is diabetic and therefore can't really eat cakes or sandwiches--in this case, he will have to bring his own food or wait till he lands to eat. If it's a full meal with carbohydrates, protein, and vegetables, then it's ok for him.

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 19, 12:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Depends
Went from BSL-MAD in the same time window on J last year.
Real dinner - salad, main of beef fillet or gnocchi, cheese and grapes. yoghurt
Old Aug 2, 19, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Barkinpark View Post
A family member of mine is going to travel on the Iberia flight from Helsinki to Madrid. It's a 4-hour flight, departing at 16:00 and arriving at 20:00. He will travel in Biz class.

May I ask if IB will serve snacks, afternoon tea (maybe cakes or sandwiches), or dinner (real meal) on board? He is diabetic and therefore can't really eat cakes or sandwiches--in this case, he will have to bring his own food or wait till he lands to eat. If it's a full meal with carbohydrates, protein, and vegetables, then it's ok for him.

Thanks.
Just order a special meal (diabetic). In Euro business hot lunch-dinner + full bar is served.
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
The HEL-MAD flight is operated by IB for Finnair, it is Finnair's service (and meals).
Old Aug 2, 19, 10:25 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Depends
Iberia's service you mean?
Old Aug 2, 19, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
The HEL-MAD flight is operated by IB for Finnair, it is Finnair's service (and meals).
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
Iberia's service you mean?
This is something I am not sure about. It's AY 1661. The operating airline is IB.
Old Aug 3, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Yes, it is actually an AY flight, but Finnair has asked IB to provide a plane. Essentially you will be in an IB plane with IB pilots. But crew and service will be Finnair.
Old Aug 3, 19, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
But crew and service will be Finnair.
Ah...So Finncrisps, juustoleipä, and aquavit at 5:30 pm? Gotta love it!

Search this Thread