FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   A reward IB flight that doesn’t exist in Google flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1981053-reward-ib-flight-doesn-t-exist-google-flight.html)

petroxa Jul 31, 2019 3:58 pm

A reward IB flight that doesn’t exist in Google flight

I’d like to first share my compassion to all the fellow IB flyers who suffer recently from Iberia’s miserable ticketing problems. It makes people upset and hopeless about this company.

My problem is with an existing, confirmed ticket booked with Avios (and yes, there is a ticket number). It is a one-way ticket with one layover. However when I search for the second leg in google flights, it actually does not exist...Called the US customer service number, the agent told me that he could not find that very flight in their system either. It’s maybe due to that the flight was fully booked. I strongly doubted it. He was not sure either. But he assured me of the validity of the ticket and said if there’s no other communication telling me there’s a change of my reservation, I should be expecting that flight at that time indicated on the confirmation.

After several rounds of research at different sources, I am almost certain now that this flight will probably change its flight number right before my travel date. And this provisioned change probably had happened after my booking date and the system just fails to take that into account and update the info. I asked if the agent could move me to the flight that actually exists. He said no, it costs 25€ to modify. But why am I booked on a non-existant flight, he said there’s nothing he can do at this point.

Having seen all the dramas here and there with Iberia, I’m really pessimistic about the way (if there’s any) of proceeding with them when there’s a problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yllanes Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm

I don't understand the situation very well. Are the tickets on IB metal or with another company?

In terms of possible problems, since you have an e-ticket number you are in a completely different position to other recent posters.

petroxa Aug 1, 2019 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes (Post 31365066)
I don't understand the situation very well. Are the tickets on IB metal or with another company?

In terms of possible problems, since you have an e-ticket number you are in a completely different position to other recent posters.

Yes IB metals

craigthemif Aug 1, 2019 2:34 am

What does Google Flights have to do with an e-ticket?

tobsw Aug 1, 2019 2:41 am

Just turn up at the IB check-in desk whenever your departure date is. You have a confirmed e-ticket so all safe. If there are any issues, they will solve them there.

aquanine Aug 1, 2019 6:58 pm

Iberia releases award availability on their metal before releasing cash availability, so it could be that if you're straddling the 330 day line. You haven't given any details about when or where the flights are, so that's my best guess.