Wiki Posts
Search

A332 Premium Economy decision

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
A332 Premium Economy decision

Not been able to find much about it - and apoligies if it's covered somewhere that I've mised - was there anything by way of justification from IB/IAG as to why the 332 isn't [or at least doesn't seem to be] getting PE fitted?

Idle curiousity really - I'm flying it down the back in September to LAX. Somewhat surprised that the route doesn't merit a bigger frame given that I would have thought connecting onto many west coast destinations from LAX would be bigger - I guess they're routing that traffic through ORD or DFW?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:33 am

When the A332 entered service, they already had PE cabins, so they never considered them for this plane.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I seem to remember their justification for not putting PE on the A332s is that they mainly serve leisure/lower yield destinations. Not sure I agree with the logic that leisure destinations are less suitable for PE....
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
I seem to remember their justification for not putting PE on the A332s is that they mainly serve leisure/lower yield destinations. Not sure I agree with the logic that leisure destinations are less suitable for PE....
Are NRT and PVG really leisure destinations?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mordac
Are NRT and PVG really leisure destinations?
I would expect these 2 city to get a 359 sooner than later
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
No, doesn’t comport with having PE on Level - and I doubt that’s what BA would conclude either.

Also surprised that LAX would be seen as that low end- Madrid isn’t London, but it warrants what? Five or six flights premium heavy flights from LHR across the JV?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by etiene

No, doesn’t comport with having PE on Level - and I doubt that’s what BA would conclude either.

Also surprised that LAX would be seen as that low end- Madrid isn’t London, but it warrants what? Five or six flights premium heavy flights from LHR across the JV?
The fact that actors and media moguls need to shuttle between Hollywood and London doesn't mean they want to fly direct to MAD.

I can't really think of a whole lot of business reasons to travel between Spain and LA. Tourists sure. But compare that to the entirely logical business travel requirements between Spain and Latin America, Miami, New York, etc. - all of which need PE cabins because many Spanish companies have no-J travel policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.