Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Checked luggage lost in direct flight IB 3141 DUS MAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked luggage lost in direct flight IB 3141 DUS MAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL PE, IB-silver
Unhappy Checked luggage lost in direct flight IB 3141 DUS MAD

My wife had flight IB3141 from DUS to MAD. It seems a complete container with luggage has been lost. First time i experience that luggage was not put on correct flight in DUS. What to expect? Why IB is not capable to trace luggage, even when this went with another carrier. What is maximum time carriers spend time to trace luggage?
Thanks for feedback.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Since the voyage was from a European starting point, I would expect the luggage to arrive within a day. You might check to see how many flights Iberia has DUS-MAD per day. If only one, that might mean 24 hours. IB is good about delivering the luggage to your home or hotel. Your wife filled out the form at the Iberia counter at Barajas, no? In my experience, this is an inconvenience, but not tragic. Buena suerte!!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Getting more interesting, even after 3 days Iberia does not know where luggage is, it concerns multiple passengers.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Iberia Customer Service: "Sounds like a hardware problem to me..."
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Sheesh, I hope there is no "hardware problem" on Friday morn when I fly IB on OPO-MAD and MAD-LHR, connecting to BA on LHR-YYZ. Bags checked in from OPO through to YYZ.

Too much stuff to deal with on that possibility, considering I fly the next morning on WS on YYZ-YWG and then use a rental car for 10 days with no mobile/wifi/SIM data card. Incommunicado - maybe a good thing to be cut off from the circus called "world news and events". 🙄
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Entering now the phase of declaring costs for replacement of clothing and suitcases, will keep you updated, no trace of suitcases, expect these went with other flight
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:25 am

Terrible! On a non-stop within Europe. Should have been a no-brainer. Was your wife able to spot the luggage tag as it was stuck onto her suitcase? Both MADison Wisconsin and MADeira often pop up when searching for MADrid. Could the agent have sent a bunch of bags astray simply by fat finger or not paying attention? And, your wife did fill out the lost luggage form at Barajas, right? Often the agent will fill it out for you if you do not speak Spanish. They are supposed to call you with updates. Best of luck! Keep us updated!!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just have her keep receipts for the necessities which she purchases. If the bag is located, she can submit those receipts once the bag is returned. If it is not located after 20 days, it is considered lost and she may submit for the fair market value of the bag and its contents. The maximum value covered is approximately EUR 1,100.

Don't waste your time on the phone with IB. Just make sure IB has a solid address and mobile number for your wife.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I mean this sounds like a serious F-up from the ground handling company that just straight up lost a loaded container and has no idea where it is.

This is one of those situations where stuff happens and it's how the airline deals with it that really matters and I suspect IB will come through with my assessment of them as the world's most adequate airline. Nothing particularly good and they should communicate more, but they will pay what they should (and in this case will almost certainly be passing the cost on to the ground handling company so shouldn't be too stingy).
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

And then suddenly suitcases are brought back, no clue where they have been. Everthing okay.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:17 am

Correct luggage destination tags? Everything intact? Delivered to your address? LupineChemist has it right: IB is (sometimes) the world's most adequate airline!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.