Wiki Posts
Search

weird website bug

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
weird website bug

From the annals of weird iberia.com disfunctionality. I have a premium economy reservation BCN-MAD-BOG leaving on 7/19 and returning 8/1-8/2. In checking my res, I saw that there was the possibility of bidding for upgrades on all segments starting at 270 Euros for the transatlantic portions. So, I decided to do it for the BOG-MAD leg because, well sleep. However, on doing that I noticed that instead of that leg getting my bid, the MAD-BOG did! What???? I cancelled and tried again, same result. I called (the high rate number because I didn't look here first) and they gave me some odd story about how it's too early for my return to be offered. But I'm familiar with Spanish customer service, so I figured she was just making it up as she was going along. Nevertheless, there it was as a menu option, and the offer was accepted. I was told, try a week before your return even though the offer was excepted more than a week before my MAD-BOG. Anyone else had a similar experience with them or know a way to beat that bug.

(Another issue is why they have no intercontinental flights out of BCN, but that's pure politics) I'm only flying with them because I'm One World Sapphire (AA Plat)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by abmindprof

(Another issue is why they have no intercontinental flights out of BCN, but that's pure politics)
It's not at all about politics.

If it were at all about politics, IAG-owned Level wouldn't fly long-haul routes from BCN, nor would IAG-owned Vueling have its main base in BCN.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Not a bug but a feature! Seriously, these boards are full of stories of IB website dis-functionality. Many of us have wondered how IAG lets them get away with such sloppy interface. But keep trying - also, if you speak Spanish, call the Iberia Plus line. You sometimes get a helpful agent. But...YMMV. Buena suerte!!
abmindprof likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Level and Vueling are low cost products, and they're not One World members. So you have MAD that is Iberia's hub with connections to the Americas and Europe, and you have BCN, which has scattered intercontinental flights on Level and connections to Europe and North Africa through Vueling you can't earn say AA miles on and with low-cost style products. Yet, non-Spanish airlines often fly to BCN, Cathay, El Al, all the major US carriers, Air Canada, LATAM, and so on. Odd. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's support Barajas.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Ok, it's fixed now. I got my bid in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.