Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Where does IB fly from Boston? [using a Chase Iberia discount voucher]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where does IB fly from Boston? [using a Chase Iberia discount voucher]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:32 am
Suspended

A simple google search using “can I use an Iberia voucher on other airlines” brings up this article that specifically discusses how to use a $1k voucher you get by spending $30k on your card.
https://millionmilesecrets.com/guide...-card-voucher/
  • The voucher only works on flights operated by Iberia (It can NOT be used on flights operated by a franchise, codeshare, or partner airlines)
If I can find that article in less than 10 seconds, I’d think that you’d also be capable of it.
craigthemif, oruvin and etiene like this.

Last edited by GFrye; Jul 4, 2019 at 5:55 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Folks, it might be helpful and more constructive if we could focus our thoughts on the actual application of the voucher. The terms of use say IB operated/marketed flights only but as theplayer has pointed out, partner flights are also offered on the designated booking portal, so there appears to be a discrepancy.

This point invites the experience of other voucher users to inform the discussion.

Prospero
Moderator: IB forum
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:59 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Don't forget that Level flies direct from BOS to BCN as well, these flights are operated by IB I think, and 100% definitely bookable on the IB website.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Prospero
Folks, it might be helpful and more constructive if we could focus our thoughts on the actual application of the voucher. The terms of use say IB operated/marketed flights only but as theplayer has pointed out, partner flights are also offered on the designated booking portal, so there appears to be a discrepancy.

This point invites the experience of other voucher users to inform the discussion.

Prospero
Moderator: IB forum
Could we perhaps change the title of the thread? Other voucher users would not know a question about Iberia's route network is actually a question about voucher uses.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by theplayer
My question was about the use of IB plus $1k voucher codes, not if IB flies domestically to other US cities as you have spun it.
No “spinning” by anyone.
Your thread title is “Where does IB fly from Boston”...
Adam1222 and craigthemif like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Setting aside the title, the card looks a little interesting. I presume you would also earn miles/avios on the ticket as well (Aadvantage members would get the Aadvantage earnings). But, while AA/B/IB operate as a joint venture transatlantic, the blog suggests it can only be used on flights operated by Iberia, not partners, franchise or codeshare. OP - can you tell us what the voucher says about that? That would seem to preclude Vueling or Level, as well as transatlantic codeshares with AA and BA.

And, in terms of your title, its only one place: Madrid.

Of course, once you are in Madrid, you can connect to many places in Europe including:If you're flying economy, a $1000 voucher would cover most of the roundtrip for two people.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GFrye
A simple google search using “can I use an Iberia voucher on other airlines” brings up this article that specifically discusses how to use a $1k voucher you get by spending $30k on your card.

If I can find that article in less than 10 seconds, I’d think that you’d also be capable of it.
well i booked a dummy flight with a partner flying 1 leg of the trip and it took the voucher...so once again, since this is an IB board, I was hoping someone has experience using these vouchers. First hand experience is much better than a quick google search and what this board is for.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
well i booked a dummy flight with a partner flying 1 leg of the trip and it took the voucher...so once again, since this is an IB board, I was hoping someone has experience using these vouchers. First hand experience is much better than a quick google search and what this board is for.
True ... but its also for sharing information so the help is mutual. What do the terms of the voucher say? Others are interested.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
True ... but its also for sharing information so the help is mutual. What do the terms of the voucher say? Others are interested.
The "voucher" that is received a month after hitting the $30k spend is actually an email with a coupon code to enter on IB site at time of booking. The email does not state the terms.
This is all it states:
$1,000 discount when making a flight booking for a minimum of two passengers at iberia.com. Voucher is good for 12 months.
and in very fine print:
Subject to Iberia flight availability and Iberia Plus programme. Taxes and fees apply to the full value of the ticket, including the $1,000 discount voucher. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. This offer is applicable to US residents only.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

well I tried another dummy booking and went a step too far and actually booked Bos-Paris. Bos-PHI on American, PHI-Paris on American, the return on IB. $746 total price and final cost was 0 with the coupon code entered. Thought there would be one more page before it was actually booked, but no. No biggie if I lost the voucher as I wouldn't be able to use in 1 year as already have trip booked in Feb on IB.

So it answers the question that American metal can be used LOL
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Avios
well I tried another dummy booking and went a step too far and actually booked Bos-Paris. Bos-PHI on American, PHI-Paris on American, the return on IB. $746 total price and final cost was 0 with the coupon code entered. Thought there would be one more page before it was actually booked, but no. No biggie if I lost the voucher as I wouldn't be able to use in 1 year as already have trip booked in Feb on IB.

Good to know this,I am not too far away from the 30k myself.It does make sense that it could be used on AA as they are supposed to be partners
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GFrye

and that quick google search would be incorrect..thus the importance of message boards with actual first hand experiences using the voucher codes.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:39 pm
Suspended

I have no reason to believe that that result from the google search is incorrect since it is very common for airlines to limit vouchers to be valid for travel only on that airline’s own flights.
As the fine print states: “subject to Iberia flight availability.”

More likely, you were able to take advantage of a bug in iberia’s system which allowed you to book travel on American Airlines.

Good for you.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Have you received a ticket number yet?

Do you plan to cancel the booking within 24 hours in hopes of getting the voucher returned, or will you keep the booking, and hope that some future schedule change -- or mechanical delay on the outbound -- will entitle you to a refund of some sort, and/or EC 261/2004 compensation?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you received a ticket number yet?

Do you plan to cancel the booking within 24 hours in hopes of getting the voucher returned, or will you keep the booking, and hope that some future schedule change -- or mechanical delay on the outbound -- will entitle you to a refund of some sort, and/or EC 261/2004 compensation?
I Cancelled, status of voucher up in the air. Told to call back in 2-3 days. No biggie if I lose it because can’t do another trip within a year and wife also has a voucher coming in a few months if we can indeed squeeze another vacation in in our business slow period, but unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.