Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Where does IB fly from Boston? [using a Chase Iberia discount voucher]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Spent $30k on IB plus card and just received a voucher for $1k off for flight for 2 people. I assume it can't be used from Boston to any other US city? Leaving from Bos could I just travel to Europe?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
IB flies from BOS to MAD -- period.

At MAD, you can connect to other IB flights to Asia, Africa, and other European destinations.
GFrye likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You really need to put a bit more thought into your credit card strategy if you get an Iberia credit card and don't know where they fly...
Adam1222, GFrye and etiene like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You really need to put a bit more thought into your credit card strategy if you get an Iberia credit card and don't know where they fly...
Not really, I'm piling up Avios for European vacations..the $1k voucher is a bonus I may use or not use. I spend a lot with my business and used up most of the better bonuses. Spending $30k for 120k avios is well worth it for me.
But thanks for the condescending post without knowing my circumstances...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theplayer
But thanks for the condescending post without knowing my circumstances...
Well if you think that Iberia might fly from Boston to another US city then you deserve it...

And if you sign all of your businesses contracts without understanding them, again...
Adam1222 and GFrye like this.

Last edited by craigthemif; Jul 3, 2019 at 11:32 am
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Well if you think that Iberia might fly from Boston to another US city then you deserve it...

And if you sign all of your businesses contracts without understanding them, again...
What contract did I sign that I didn't understand?..post makes no sense. So you know where all airlines fly..wow...good for you.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 4, 2019 at 5:43 am Reason: To comply with rule 12
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_...port#Passenger
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
What contract did I sign that I didn't understand?..post makes no sense. So you know where all airlines fly..wow...good for you.
Iberia is the flag carrier of Spain. It flies to Spain. Every airport has a wiki page that lists routes. You can also look at the routes on Iberia's website.
GFrye and craigthemif like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 4, 2019 at 5:44 am Reason: Ament quotation
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Iberia is the flag carrier of Spain. It flies to Spain. Every airport has a wiki page that lists routes. You can also look at the routes on Iberia's website.
yup..but maybe partner carriers honored the voucher, I don't know that's why I asked. Tough crowd.

Last edited by theplayer; Jul 3, 2019 at 5:36 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended

yup..but maybe partner carriers honored the voucher, I don't know that's why I asked. Tough crowd.
Does the voucher say that partner airlines honor it, or does it only mention travel on Iberia?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GFrye

Does the voucher say that partner airlines honor it, or does it only mention travel on Iberia?
it's just an emailed code. It's supposed to be used on IB only according to what I've read online, but when I typed in a dummy booking with American metal it took it...so I don't know. Thus my original question.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yup..but maybe partner carriers honored the voucher, I don't know that's why I asked.
Would your business hand out $1k vouchers to use with your direct competitors?

The only exception might be joint venture routes across the Atlantic where you can book as an IB codeshare but fly on BA/AA/AY metal. You will only know for sure by reading the fine print of whatever you signed up for.

Tough crowd.
For some people Flyertalk is irredeemably toxic. For others, it becomes quite frustrating that some people expect to be spoon-fed answers without doing some advance research. It's not rocket science to know that Iberia is the national carrier of Spain and therefore only flies to Spain from Boston.
GFrye and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Would your business hand out $1k vouchers to use with your direct competitors?

The only exception might be joint venture routes across the Atlantic where you can book as an IB codeshare but fly on BA/AA/AY metal. You will only know for sure by reading the fine print of whatever you signed up for.

For some people Flyertalk is irredeemably toxic. For others, it becomes quite frustrating that some people expect to be spoon-fed answers without doing some advance research. It's not rocket science to know that Iberia is the national carrier of Spain and therefore only flies to Spain from Boston.
well, like I said, I was able to use the voucher on a dummy booking that was partly non IB metal, so it's not crystal clear. There wasn't anything I signed up for, it was an emailed voucher code. I thought someone here might be familiar with these.
As for some people being "frustrated" with some questions...I find that comical. Not everyone is an "expert" in these areas and some just don't have the time to research..thus the reason for message boards, to get quick answers. If you find a post not worthy of a response, don't respond..simple.

Last edited by theplayer; Jul 4, 2019 at 4:43 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for some people being "frustrated" with some questions...I find that comical. Not everyone is an "expert" in these areas and some just don't have the time to research..thus the reason for message boards, to get quick answers.
That's where you misunderstand. Google is for "quick answers". Flyertalk is for participating in the interchange of information and experience, not asking comical questions. You only get out of it what you put in...
GFrye, oruvin and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

That's where you misunderstand. Google is for "quick answers". Flyertalk is for participating in the interchange of information and experience, not asking comical questions. You only get out of it what you put in...
well, we disagree what message boards are used for. Any question is "comical" for those who are experts. My question was about the use of IB plus $1k voucher codes, not if IB flies domestically to other US cities as you have spun it. Certainly not comical. Again, so simple to skip posts you don't want to respond to instead of being a condescending jerk.

Your first response questioned my credit card strategy which was dead wrong and completely off topic BTY..you then questioned my business dealings. Someone needs to get over themselves..

Last edited by theplayer; Jul 4, 2019 at 5:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.