FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   MIA-MAD-EDI connection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1975205-mia-mad-edi-connection.html)

tim0409 Jun 23, 2019 7:30 am

MIA-MAD-EDI connection

Hi there,

I've had a look through previous threads on MAD transit but would value some specific advice on the following.

I normally leave plenty time between connecting flights, but for once this caution/common sense has deserted me... my wife and I are currently on holiday in Florida, and have IB flights back to MAD (from MIA) arriving at 1.55pm on Wednesday. We then have Easyjet flights to Edinburgh (T1), departing at 4.35pm. We have luggage and both have UK/EU passports. Bag drop for Easyjet closes at 3.35pm.

I appreciate that this is incredibly tight and we are already looking at a fall back if it goes wrong; I would be grateful for any advice/tips on how best to navigate and get to T1 as quickly as possible. The MIA-MAD is business so hopefully she should get off the plane fairly quickly.

Thanks

Tim

rove312 Jun 23, 2019 8:57 am

Some advice that I see says that you should allow at least 3 hours when transferring between those terminals.

madmexusa Jun 23, 2019 9:19 am

I travel from/through MAD often. There is a free bus on the lower level of T4 but it is slow and the frequencies are not constant. You can take the metro to T1T2T3 but there is a 15-minute walk to T1 from the metro drop-off. So I would recommend, depending on timing, see if the bus will work, if not the only option so you don't miss your flight is to take a taxi from T4 to T1....it should be on the meter but I'm not certain... this would by far be the best option and should be less than 8 minutes terminal to terminal and you can be dropped off in front of the EasyJet check-in. Good luck.

schrodingerdog Jun 23, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by tim0409 (Post 31230911)
Hi there,

I've had a look through previous threads on MAD transit but would value some specific advice on the following.

I normally leave plenty time between connecting flights, but for once this caution/common sense has deserted me... my wife and I are currently on holiday in Florida, and have IB flights back to MAD (from MIA) arriving at 1.55pm on Wednesday. We then have Easyjet flights to Edinburgh (T1), departing at 4.35pm. We have luggage and both have UK/EU passports. Bag drop for Easyjet closes at 3.35pm.

I appreciate that this is incredibly tight and we are already looking at a fall back if it goes wrong; I would be grateful for any advice/tips on how best to navigate and get to T1 as quickly as possible. The MIA-MAD is business so hopefully she should get off the plane fairly quickly.

Thanks

Tim

The free transfer bus will be the best option, but is a very tight connection. And MAD T4 is not know for its very fast baggage delivery.

If you can go hand baggage only, there is an airside T4S-T1 internal bus that you can use and will save you a lot of time.

tim0409 Jun 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Many thanks for the helpful replies; we just need to hope that the MIA flight is in time and we are lucky with baggage!

Yllanes Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm

The taxi from T4 to T1 would not be on the meter. There is a minimum €20 fee for trips to, from or within the airport and this is what you would pay.

tim0409 Jun 26, 2019 7:04 am

Thankfully everything worked out in our favour today; the MIA flight arrived 30 mins early and we were first off; the baggage didn’t take long and again we were lucky that our bags didn’t take long and a bus was waiting for T1. Currently sitting in Starbucks breathing a huge sigh of relief as our options were both expensive and limited if we hadn’t made it. Not something I want to repeat though.

Thanks again.