Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Link to How many Avios / PE will I earn? Where did it go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:27 pm
formerly mrshyt
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold

Hello all, it looks like IB have a new website and one of the ‘enhancements’ was to take away the link to How many Avios will I earn? which opened a little pop up window and showed Avios and Puntos Elite to be earned on that booking. Has this disappeared or am I just a bit blind? It was really useful for me when booking flights. Thx
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
I belive it´s gone. It was useful to make and educated guess about booking class.

Now it´s more complicated to figure out the booking class. There is a way, you need to go through the coding and search for booking class (or similar), or check on an OTA that provides booking class/codes.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:49 am
formerly mrshyt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
I belive it´s gone. It was useful to make and educated guess about booking class.

Now it´s more complicated to figure out the booking class. There is a way, you need to go through the coding and search for booking class (or similar), or check on an OTA that provides booking class/codes.
Thanks Tobs - it's really annoying that they have taken this away, I will make sure they get my feedback!

Anyway, do you have any tips regarding OTA that shows the fare class so that we can try and work out the PE / Avios that we will get?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:18 am
formerly mrshyt
Original Poster

I did call the IB+ Oro hotline to moan about this and asked them to put it back........ fat chance :-)

Last edited by AndreasJ; Jun 20, 2019 at 7:18 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:35 pm

If you book with IB directly on their website, the fare class is actually quite prominently listed on the e-ticket that they send you: column “Clase – Tarifa” and “Class – Fare”, 3rd column from the right of the document. Also provides the fare code, which is handy as you can usually look up the details in EF
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by mrshyt
Anyway, do you have any tips regarding OTA that shows the fare class so that we can try and work out the PE / Avios that we will get?
Expedia is my favourite one for this.

I hope that the Avios pop-up window will come back eventually, as it was very helpful. I used to keep a screenshot in case I didn't get those actual Avios and Puntos Élite after the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.