FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   New to Iberia and need help (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1972950-new-iberia-need-help.html)

stlrod Jun 6, 2019 3:32 pm

New to Iberia and need help

I signed up for Iberia Plus today to transfer AMEX Membership Rewards for a flight from Chicago to Madrid next April. Really surprised by how low the cost is in terms of points and cash. Already blown the business seats, and am having trouble figuring out the differences between blue, economy and premium economy. Have spent hours on this site and Iberia.com trying to figure this out and am having a tough time. All I want is non-stop flights with best access to exit row or better seats since I cant get business seats. Can someone explain to me what I need to do? Thanks so much!

BA6501 Jun 6, 2019 3:39 pm

Blue is Economy. Economy is... Economy, but more availability (and more expensive, and allows free changes/cancellations). Premium Economy is a different cabin altogether.

All of these fares allow free seat selection, including exit rows. The route will likely be an A350 by then, row 21 on that aircraft has more than enough legroom.

tobsw Jun 7, 2019 2:38 am

Blue is like American Airlines SAAver (changes 25 EUR). "Economy" is like AAnytime, but the difference is that seat availability is limited (changes can be made for free). Premium Economy is Premium Economy (changes 25 EUR) and Business is Business (changes 25 EUR).

stlrod Jun 7, 2019 8:48 pm

Thanks! I should have been able to figure this out on my own but I was having such a frustrating experience with the Iberia website. The simple explanations were great. Seats booked in Premium Economy. Best use of MR ever!

mobilemario Jun 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Iberia have very decent biz redemptions off peak to South America you can fly for 42500 avios one way to SCL

craigthemif Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by mobilemario (Post 31196438)
Iberia have very decent biz redemptions off peak to South America you can fly for 42500 avios one way to SCL

SCL is 51k off-peak.

But yes of course IB J long haul is one of the best uses of Avios, especially if you can travel off-peak.

Flying Lawyer Jun 20, 2019 3:37 am

I am highjacking this thread. I need an e-mail address to approach IB. Their online tool is useless as it does not accept ticket number and code of a cancelled flight (and this is what my problem circles around).

craigthemif Jun 20, 2019 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 31221533)
I am highjacking this thread. I need an e-mail address to approach IB. Their online tool is useless as it does not accept ticket number and code of a cancelled flight (and this is what my problem circles around).

9 times out of 10 the only effective way to approach IB is to call... clasica @ iberia is the only real email address and you probably won't get anything sensible out of them, certainly not anything that requires confirmation of personal details.

rove312 Jun 20, 2019 9:25 am

I've gotten some help, with lateness in the reply, by Direct Messaging on Twitter: @iberia_en

flyingislove Jun 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Calling is the best, and it is the best of the worst...