FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Seville (SVQ) checkin time (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1972515-seville-svq-checkin-time.html)

beachfan Jun 3, 2019 2:18 pm

Seville (SVQ) checkin time

Hi

My flight is 9:25, booked on IB operated by Air Nostrum. Y to Madrid, business onwards to LAX.

1) what time do I need to be at the airport with checked bags? IB says 120 minutes, and if that’s prudent, I’ll do it. Conciege said 90 minutes.
2) Am I eligible for priority checkin at SVQ?
3) Anyone familiar with traffic prior to 8AM in Seville. I’m at Alfonso XIII- google maps says 19 minutes, but is there traffic at that hour?

From what I heard about SVQ , breakfast before would be good but it doesn’t stTt until 7am.

thanks in advance!!

Sergyblue Jun 3, 2019 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 31167033)
Hi

My flight is 9:25, booked on IB operated by Air Nostrum. Y to Madrid, business onwards to LAX.

1) what time do I need to be at the airport with checked bags? IB says 120 minutes, and if that’s prudent, I’ll do it. Conciege said 90 minutes.
2) Am I eligible for priority checkin at SVQ?
3) Anyone familiar with traffic prior to 8AM in Seville. I’m at Alfonso XIII- google maps says 19 minutes, but is there traffic at that hour?

From what I heard about SVQ , breakfast before would be good but it doesn’t stTt until 7am.

thanks in advance!!

1. 60 minutes is enough usually, but be careful the security control is recently opened with a new system, it seems that the staff adapts slowly and sometimes I have taken a long time to pass it , sometimes queues are formed as MAD flights in counter there carry a lot of luggage, but this is more frequent if an A321 of Ib Express flies, if you go in Air Nostrum you should not worry
2. There is only one business counter, and it is not very busy, I'm sure you can check in there
3. At 7.30 in the morning 35-40 minutes (even more) is a more realistic time for that journey

beachfan Jun 4, 2019 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Sergyblue (Post 31167659)
1. 60 minutes is enough usually, but be careful the security control is recently opened with a new system, it seems that the staff adapts slowly and sometimes I have taken a long time to pass it , sometimes queues are formed as MAD flights in counter there carry a lot of luggage, but this is more frequent if an A321 of Ib Express flies, if you go in Air Nostrum you should not worry
2. There is only one business counter, and it is not very busy, I'm sure you can check in there
3. At 7.30 in the morning 35-40 minutes (even more) is a more realistic time for that journey

thanks for the info, very helpful. Given the traffic and the new system 2 hours 10 minutes seems prudent if I don’t want my blood pressure to rise.

Circusplaza Jun 4, 2019 10:06 am

I am from Seville, even though I do not live there since 2001 I go there once or twice a year.

1- 60 mins before you are fine, unless you want to wait in the lounge (which is not great but you have toast, sandwiches, booze,...)
2- Priority check-in shall be fast, even though normally there is only 1 counter. Security is never busy like big airports. Maybe on a Mon morning will take you 15 mins. Air Nostrum is fairly quick on boarding, you will get a shuttle, leave the your handbag suitcase before you get into the plane. The overhead compartments are pretty small. They will give your suitcase back once you pop out from the plane in MAD.
3- Traffic 8am is normally hard. 45mins to be safe, may take you less but honestly I do not think 19 mins is realistic at 8.00am

beachfan Jun 4, 2019 10:42 am

Many Thanks!

i have to stop by customs for tax refund. Should I expect a wait there?

if I do, maybe 2 hours 10 minutes total (60 plus 45 plus 20 plus 5 extra for all the luggage we have).

i have access to the priority pass lounge (Sala VIP Azahar), is there also an IB lounge? I’d have access as one world emerald (and TATL J).

BA6501 Jun 4, 2019 4:57 pm

That's the lounge IB use, and the only lounge at the airport.

Circusplaza Jun 5, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 31169736)
Many Thanks!

i have to stop by customs for tax refund. Should I expect a wait there?

if I do, maybe 2 hours 10 minutes total (60 plus 45 plus 20 plus 5 extra for all the luggage we have).

i have access to the priority pass lounge (Sala VIP Azahar), is there also an IB lounge? I’d have access as one world emerald (and TATL J).

Never claimed VAT so I cannot help you here. However you shall be able to claim also at MAD airport if you have more time. However do not expect many people (I would say anyone) there, although not sure how efficient will be the officials for the tax refund.

Lounge is only one, Azahar, operated by AENA where you can have access through both IB J ticket or Priority Pass.

beachfan Jun 7, 2019 8:00 am

Thanks to the above posters for there help!

Answering my own question for VAT refund at SVQ;

No line , very hard to find.

From the departures floor/check in, take the elevator gown to the arrivals floor. Walk to the end of that area to where there are folks waiting at the closed doors for people to exit the luggage pick up area.

In the corner, there is a phone. Call the number listed in the sign for Civil Guardia. Tell them “Tax Refund”.

Go through the doors (they will open for you hopefully); you should see a Civil Guardia officer opposite you all the way across the luggage area (I.e. past the carousels). She was looking out for us and signaled to come over. Be prepared to show your things - we had to unwrap one partially- luckily the bubble wrap was see through.

According to her, no stamp on the form was needed, but we mailed in the form anyway.

Not sure how I figured this out early in the AM. Took about 20 minutes including finding the place (no one else in line).

BA6501 Jun 7, 2019 9:58 am

No stamp? Seems weird to me... isn't the whole point of presenting the goods to an agent to get the stamp, i.e. verify that the items have been exported?

beachfan Jun 8, 2019 8:26 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 31179883)
No stamp? Seems weird to me... isn't the whole point of presenting the goods to an agent to get the stamp, i.e. verify that the items have been exported?

She entered the info directly into a web site. Supposedly, I didn't even have to mail it in, but she advised to do so just to be sure (in which case, no stamp would be problematic).

luv2ctheworld Oct 11, 2021 9:46 am

Question for those familiar w/ SVQ during pandemic travel:
Having carry on luggage, and a 9:25AM departure to MAD, would 60 minutes still be sufficient to get through security? Or is there additional COVID screening that would require 2 hours at the airport prior?

Also, departing on Christmas Day, presuming that would mean minimal traffic... I hope...

Thanks in advance!

AndreasJ Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm

You should be fine with 60 mins, it is not a big airport, I wouldn't expect many passengers flying on that day, no traffic on the roads either. You'll arrive at the airport and be past security in no more than 10 mins.