Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Wull my checked baggage go thru LHR and on to YYZ, or???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

On July 19th I fly on 1 ticket: IB on 2 sectors OPO-MAD-LHR and then with BA LHR-YYZ.

I booked this on the IB web site some time ago. I notice the IB reservation code is not the same as the BA reservation code. The IB site shows the same e-ticket number for all 3 sectors, but the BA booking reservation code only shows the IB flight into LHR (MAD-LHR) and the connecting BA 0099 flight LHR-YYZ. It does not show any e-ticket numbers.

My basic question is this: will my checked bags go straight through to YYZ, or will I need to get them at T5, in LHR, go through passport control (and security) and then re-check them to YYZ? The latter will be "quite a bother: as Pooh-Bear would say. My passport is Canadian. It appears that the UK will still be a part on the EU on that date.

Thank you for any info.

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:55 am

Yes, if you booked it all together your bags will go through.

It is completely normal, when one has itineraries on multiple airlines, for some of them to show only some of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.