Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia changing flight Days

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Iberia changing flight Days

have to vent a little. Booked vacation Bos-mad-athens a few months ago for next feb. get an email today stating they have cancelled the mad-bos flight on a Sunday and want to book on a Sat, losing a day of vacation. They also have cancelled Mad-Ath on Feb 11th and want to push us to Feb 12th. So we land in Mad on the 11th and now there is no connecting flight. We have also booked hotel in Athens and will lose a day there. What a mess.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They should be able to rebook you on something like BOS-JFK-MAD-ATH using an AA domestic connecting flight....or through some other hub like PHL if that schedule would be more convenient on your desired travel dates.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That is simply a proposed reroute. Those do not always make sense from an individual's point of view.

You should do the research to determine the flights which best suit you and ask to be rerouted in that manner. Have flight numbers handy. Give consideration first to IB, then BA, then OW. In particular consider BOS-LHR-ATH on BA (or AA for the first segment) as BA operates four daily nonstops LHR-ATH.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You might have to HUACA a couple of times, but IB tend to reroute on BA if pushed. Do your homework and request specific flights.

I haven't seen any data points from somebody re-routed on a non-IAG airline this far in advance.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

a problem might be these flights are booked separately. I booked Bos-mad business class as soon as I could to get these seats. Mad-Ath is on another ticket.

edit-called IB, was told they could not book me on BA...requested multiple times.

Last edited by theplayer; May 8, 2019 at 7:01 pm
Old May 8, 2019, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That is potentially a serious problem. It is one of the risks of purchasing separate tickets which are definitionally not a connection.

Nonetheless, if you have not yet called IB, you should do that immediately upon figuring out what you want. It is possible that it may accommodate.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, you book separate tickets and you are stuck at the mercy of the airline. And you booked prepaid hotels for February 2020? I guess you've now learned why you shouldn't book prepaid hotels...

February 2020 shouldn't be all that hard to find alternatives using miles though. Take the refund(s) and re-book whatever you want.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yeah, you book separate tickets and you are stuck at the mercy of the airline. And you booked prepaid hotels for February 2020? I guess you've now learned why you shouldn't book prepaid hotels...

February 2020 shouldn't be all that hard to find alternatives using miles though. Take the refund(s) and re-book whatever you want.
yup..but didn't want to lose the 2 business class seats for just 34k points to Madrid. We were undecided which European country we would visit. Never had an airline just cancel a flight not weather related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.