Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Award space booking with Avios

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

AA Award space booking with Avios

Tried to pull up a handful of AA routes - both domestic and international - and Iberia is giving me an error: "We have not found outbound flight conforming to the criteria specified."

BA and other oneworld carriers can still pull up these flights. IT issue or something more nefarious?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kpottermn
Tried to pull up a handful of AA routes - both domestic and international - and Iberia is giving me an error: "We have not found outbound flight conforming to the criteria specified."

BA and other oneworld carriers can still pull up these flights. IT issue or something more nefarious?
Are the desired flights showing up as "MileSAAver" awards when you do an award search at aa.com?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Are the desired flights showing up as "MileSAAver" awards when you do an award search at aa.com?
Yes, and BA sees them as well.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Are you aware that AA awards are completely non-refundable and inflexible?

If you want the added aggravation, risk, etc. to save a handful of Avios... go ahead and call IB+ and see whether an agent can see the flights. Otherwise book with ba.com.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif

If you want the added aggravation, risk, etc. to save a handful of Avios... go ahead and call IB+ and see whether an agent can see the flights. Otherwise book with ba.com.
While you are right about the inflexibility of Iberia Plus redemptions for travel on AA, depending on the particular itinerary, booking AA award flights through BAEC can cost 2.5 times what Iberia Plus would charge.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Yes. Are you aware that this is not at all the question being asked?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kpottermn
Yes. Are you aware that this is not at all the question being asked?
There is an entire thread full of people who are now aware that they cannot change or cancel their AA rewards... after booking rewards on AA using IB Avios and being told later they can't change them...

Good thing you are so clever that you know everything already and you don't need anybody's help...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

There is an entire thread full of people who are now aware that they cannot change or cancel their AA rewards... after booking rewards on AA using IB Avios and being told later they can't change them...

Good thing you are so clever that you know everything already and you don't need anybody's help...
Fair point! I regret my sarcasm.

As another user pointed out, booking AA awards with Iberia Avios can be worthwhile. It's still an issue that these are not showing up through Iberia, hence my original question.
Brendan, craigthemif and csycsycsy like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I too cannot get any AA award flights to even come through the landing page. I also am getting the same error (9100). It is really most annoying! And the Iberia call centre are absolutely hopeless and truly incompetent.

Redeeming avios from Iberia on AA certainly can be very useful for those not living at an AA hub. Even though AA redemptions with Iberia Avios are nonrefundable and nonchangeable, they certainly have a time and a place.

Last edited by BA0197; Apr 28, 2019 at 7:40 am
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While you are right about the inflexibility of Iberia Plus redemptions for travel on AA, depending on the particular itinerary, booking AA award flights through BAEC can cost 2.5 times what Iberia Plus would charge.
Care to enlighten us with an example? I assume it's 2 or 3 very short hops.

The problem is that many of the expensive-with-cash short hops are to airports that many agents won't have even heard of. (i.e. try to get an AA agent to book you to Logrońo and you can imagine why IB can't get you to Greensville or wherever...)
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Care to enlighten us with an example? I assume it's 2 or 3 very short hops.

The problem is that many of the expensive-with-cash short hops are to airports that many agents won't have even heard of. (i.e. try to get an AA agent to book you to Logrońo and you can imagine why IB can't get you to Greensville or wherever...)
Sure: ITH-PHL-ISP/BWI/DCA, etc. Roundtrip with BA Avios: 30,000 Avios. Roundtrip with AA miles: 25,000 (unless you're an AA credit-card holder, and your origin or destination happens to be on the list of reduced-mileage-award destinations, in which case it would be 17,500 AA miles). Roundtrip with IB Avios: 12,000 Avios (or maybe 11,000 Avios, depending on your actual destination).

I was able to book an IB Plus award from ITH on the Iberia website; no agent involvement required.

Since IB does not have a close-in booking fee, you can book last-minute trips on AA -- assuming that AA has the necessary SAAver award space -- thereby minimizing the risk that you would need to change/cancel your non-refundable IB Plus redemption.
Yllanes likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BA0197
I too cannot get any AA award flights to even come through the landing page. I also am getting the same error (9100). It is really most annoying! And the Iberia call centre are absolutely hopeless and truly incompetent.

Redeeming avios from Iberia on AA certainly can be very useful for those not living at an AA hub. Even though AA redemptions with Iberia Avios are nonrefundable and nonchangeable, they certainly have a time and a place.
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is anyone able to book AA domestic awards on Iberia.com? Indeed I still get an error message. Seems other OW options/airlines not working either for me. Only IB/BA.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by BA0197

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is anyone able to book AA domestic awards on Iberia.com? Indeed I still get an error message. Seems other OW options/airlines not working either for me. Only IB/BA.
Is anyone able to price up AA awards on iberia.com without getting a 9100 error that reads that "no flight conforms to the criteria selected"? Just trying to figure out if it is an issue with iberia or with my account.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Upgrade!

Any suggestions how I can upgrade my BA Economy ticketS from Lax to Istanbul? The tickets are courtesy of Avios Points. Can I do it with AA Points?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
Any suggestions how I can upgrade my BA Economy ticketS from Lax to Istanbul? The tickets are courtesy of Avios Points. Can I do it with AA Points?
Pay for it? BA often have discounted upgrades available online when managing your booking.

You need to have booked expensive Y or B to upgrade using AA miles. You can upgrade using Avios, but only to Premium Economy on the LAX-LHR leg...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.