Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
I swear, IB Avios had never had so much attention because you'd just transfer out. Lets have a QnA Wiki so at least half the threads in the future would be answered here.
I'll try to get this into a sticky...

Unable to make a desired Avios reservation
Q1.
Originally Posted by kaka
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
Q2.
Oneway Awards-
One way tickets are available for Iberia, Iberia Express, Vueling, British Airways and Level only. All partner airline must be return flights. Avios spent via BA's scheme do not have this constraint.

Q3.
Open Jaw Awards-
Call and hope you get an agent who knows what on earth is happening.

Q4.
Moving Avios to BAEC/AerClub regaring the 9000 Avios Promo
It's currently not possible since 3/Jul.

Cancellation Policy
Q5.
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Hi one and all.
Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I can find easily the t's and c's of cancelling, changing etc., Iberia Avios awards ?
Thanks.
It doesn't really exist. It is only mentioned during the booking process.

You pay 25 euros (or local equivalent) to change or cancel a reward on BA/IB (edit by kaka: i believe only within the first 24 hours). Everything else is non-refundable and non-changeable.
Q6. Can I upgrade a ticketed booking
Originally Posted by yb90
Just to confirm; I have found a reward flight for my bonus avios however at the moment availability is only in economy. The flights are BA metal only.

If I book this and a higher class becomes available can I change it and just pay the change fee (plus any additional avios obviously) like with BA or do IB have different terms?
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
This works but this is only available on BA/IB. It is not generalizable to other partner bookings.
Q7. Iberia Plus Hotline phone number (for skype)
0203 684 3774. When asked what do you want to do, mention "Iberia Plus Bookings" otherwise it can easily go to (cash) sales.
Print Wikipost

Iberia Avios QnA

Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Iberia Avios QnA

I swear, IB Avios had never had so much attention because you'd just transfer out. Lets have a QnA session so at least half the threads in the future would be answered here.
I'll try to get this into a sticky...

Unable to make a desired Avios reservation
Q1.
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)

I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
Q2.
Oneway Awards-
IB and BA metal only.

Q3.
Open Jaw Awards-
Call and hope you get an agent who knows what on earth is happening.

Q4.
Moving Avios to BAEC/AerClub regaring the 9000 Avios Promo
It's currently not possible since 3/Jul.

Cancellation Policy
Q5.
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Hi one and all.
Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I can find easily the t's and c's of cancelling, changing etc., Iberia Avios awards ?
Thanks.
It doesn't really exist. It is only mentioned during the booking process.

You pay 25 euros (or local equivalent) to change or cancel a reward on BA/IB (edit: i believe only within the first 24 hours). Everything else is non-refundable and non-changeable.
Q6. Can I upgrade a ticketed booking
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
This works but this is only available on BA/IB. It is not generalizable to other partner bookings.
Just to confirm; I have found a reward flight for my bonus avios however at the moment availability is only in economy. The flights are BA metal only.

If I book this and a higher class becomes available can I change it and just pay the change fee (plus any additional avios obviously) like with BA or do IB have different terms?

Last edited by kaka; Jul 9, 2018 at 4:55 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I should change my username to Iberia Plus Lurker. @LupineChemist, @Yllanes and a few others should do the same...

It probably would be a good idea to have a sticky wiki... But I know those FTers more used to the BA forum are quite fond of starting their own thread each time they have a question.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
Does anyone know whether IB+ ignores availability of Business award seats on BA flights within the UK? I am trying to book some flights between LHR and GLA and on the BA site, business seats are available on almost every flight, whereas on the IB+ site no business seats are available. Then to confuse the matter when booking BA flights to Europe, business seats are as available as they are on the BA site? Curious as to whether calling IB support will be of assistance? BTW - the main reason for booking business is for the luggage capacity due to international travel.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC

yb90 and kaka like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by relaxonbarton
Does anyone know whether IB+ ignores availability of Business award seats on BA flights within the UK? I am trying to book some flights between LHR and GLA and on the BA site, business seats are available on almost every flight, whereas on the IB+ site no business seats are available. Then to confuse the matter when booking BA flights to Europe, business seats are as available as they are on the BA site? Curious as to whether calling IB support will be of assistance? BTW - the main reason for booking business is for the luggage capacity due to international travel.
are those available to CX/QF? if not then it's BA's problem.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
are those available to CX/QF? if not then it's BA's problem.
Thanks, on checking QF the business seats are available. Also IB only shows one page of flight options so the last flight shown departs around 4pm, whereas on BA and QF there are at least 9 more flights that depart later than 4pm. Seems that IB's web page only shows about 9 options and excludes Business that are available when booking with other OW partners Award booking sites.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That could hv been a simple technical issue- like how we cant book pe on cx or jl
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:43 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Is IB award release the same as BA? Ie 355 days out at 00:00 GMT?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:21 am

Have you checked BAredemption finder to see if there are any other close dates suitable in business?
yb90 and kaka like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

the other one asked a few times (even in the right thread!)
Q7. Iberia Plus Hotline phone number (for skype)
0203 684 3774. When asked what do you want to do, mention "Iberia Plus Bookings" otherwise it can easily go to (cash) sales.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:27 am

Should Avios redemption rates be the same on BA and IB if flying BA metal? I see on this thread Difference between redeeming avios on IB vs BA?? that Iberia and BA websites are charging different amounts of Avios for redemptions on the same flights between LHR and SIN, and that is how I also planned to use my bonus Avios.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
To clarify the award charts, when looking at a partner award chard I need to add up the outbound AND inbound leg distances to get the distance for what I need? E.g. BOM-DOH-FRA the distance required would be BOM-DOH-FRA-DOH-BOM or just BOM-DOH-FRA, as only round-trips are permitted are all distances already priced as if it's a round trip based on one-way distance? Does that even make sense?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
To clarify the award charts, when looking at a partner award chard I need to add up the outbound AND inbound leg distances to get the distance for what I need? E.g. BOM-DOH-FRA the distance required would be BOM-DOH-FRA-DOH-BOM or just BOM-DOH-FRA, as only round-trips are permitted are all distances already priced as if it's a round trip based on one-way distance? Does that even make sense?
Partner charts are for total flown distance, For your example, BOM-DOH-FRA-DOH-BOM would give you the correct total mileage which you would check against the chart.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
does iberia release any more last minute inventory closer to departure if seats aren't sold? the flights i was eyeing have since been sold out thanks to 2 week delay in getting avios. debating if i should punt and go for a diff travel plan completely.. was hoping to go to oktoberfest. flying out of SFO and last outbound flight is 9/28 so i have to find a diff flight back anyways. i snagged the last econ blue class on 9/24.

is seat selection allowed for economy?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.